Coaguchek XS - HOW do you change the date FORMAT (to MM/DD/YY)???????

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slipkid

I just noticed that the Coaguchek XS meter I bought last year has the date format "wrong". Or at least such that it confuses the hell out of me.

Instead of USA month/day/year (MM/DD/YY) it is in format of day/month/year (DD/MM/YY) which I think is for Europe/UK??? I'm not sure if it somehow got changed to this by mistake by me pressing something wrong or it was always like this and I never noticed (I didn't get this meter until sometime last summer).

I tried taking out the batteries and letting it sit for a few minutes and it comes up now as new date of "31-12-00" asking me to change that, but no way to change the FORMAT just the #s.

It is also in 24 hour (military time) instead of 12 hour am/pm.

I don't mind the 24 hour time but the non-US date format is driving me crazy, can't change the way my brain works after so many decades of MM/DD/YY. It's like I'm driving on the wrong side of the road....

Page 10 of the manual says the meter "is preset with US date format (month-day-year) and US time format (12 hour instead of 24 hour)" but makes no mention anywhere that I can find how to CHANGE it to those formats should it somehow not be like that. And as 100% evidence that it is in the wrong format for me the book says if it is without power for a few minutes then it will come up with the date of "12-31-00" yet mine says "31-12-00" which is DEFINITELY not US mm/dd/yy.

Does anyone know????? Thanks.

I guess this means you don't have a manual.

I see you do. Well, still this applies.

I just played with mine, but the manual also shows the way.

1711861774879.png

1711861745300.png

1711861703302.png

it may be the you need to press M to cycle through date formats ...
HTH

PS: yes, you do.

Attachments

• roche-coaguchek-xs-manual.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I guess this means you don't have a manual.

I see you do. Well, still this applies.

I just played with mine, but the manual also shows the way.

View attachment 890071
View attachment 890070
View attachment 890069

it may be the you need to press M to cycle through date formats ...
HTH

PS: yes, you do.

I tried that but it doesn't seem like it works. It is just confusing the hell out of me.

WAIT!!!! Yer a genius. It worked! THX!!

One of the things that confused me was that for that date format cycling it shows the numbers as 12-31-00 or 31-12-00 REGARDLESS of what you might have already put in there in the fields like 31-03-24, making me think I lost my enter dates and that something was wrong, so I was turning the thing off (or removing the batteries) which which either did nothing OR (for removing the batteries) kept going back to 31-12-00 as the actual numbers driving me even crazier. Or something. Not having it explained in the manual didn't help. I'm thinking now when I went to set the date in the first place I must have pressed M when I should have pressed SET thus changed it to DD-MM-YY etc.....MY BRAIN HURTS!!!!.

Well I got up early because I couldn't sleep but now that this is solved I am going back to dreamland.

numbers as 12-31-00 or 31-12-00 REGARDLESS of what you might have already put in there in the fields
Because like 12 or 24 it's a pattern

If perhaps it could cycle through
DD MM YY
MM DD YY
YY MM DD
would likely confuse more people than it helped. However it's a LCD display and can't.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Glad it's sorted

Last edited:
P.S. To indicate how confused I was/get this sentence I typed above:

"I'm thinking now when I went to set the date in the first place I must have pressed M when I should have pressed SET thus changed it to DD-MM-YY etc.....MY BRAIN HURTS!!!!."

SHOULD have said:

"I'm thinking now when I went to set the date in the first place I must have pressed SET when I should have pressed M thus changed it to DD-MM-YY etc.....MY BRAIN HURTS!!!!."

I'm a bit cixelsyd, Get things assbackwards at times (backasswards?) etc....

You want to really make your brain hurt pick up the original album of this Python release:

1712107027926.jpeg

That was the album with "three" sides. IIRC Side 1 and Side 2 were both labeled as "Side 2". One of the Side twos actually had two different sets of concentric grooves cut in it, so that different sketches played depending on where your record player's needle was put down at the beginning(in which groove). With of course no explanation or warning of any of this and back then with no internet or info like that no one had a clue. Somehow or other we figured this out in college after many listens of wondering what side we were listening to and why it wasn't the same thing as last time we played it (we used to listen to so much Python we could recite every sketch verbatim - maybe you too?).

None of this will make any sense of course to younger folks unfamiliar with dinosaur relics like LPs and record players (although are somewhat of a "hip" thing now)!

You want to really make your brain hurt pick up the original album of this Python release:
I bought it new ... I loved the 2 groove side

we used to listen to so much Python we could recite every sketch verbatim
ouh yes.

BTW, one of my favourite questions: how many grooves on a record ... almost nobody said 2

Latest posts

Back