Co-op Anticoagulation Home Testing clubs.....

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

LA_Cruiser

Question:

Would anyone be interested in:

1) Forming a small group (5 to 10?) to 'co-own' a home test anti-coagulent machine.

2) Owners of home-test machines 'renting' same for others to self-test.

3) In coastal Los Angeles?

4) Will 'list' other places (inland Los Angeles, New York, et al) that might be interested in the above.

Additional Info >>>>

God Bless all

hand me down machines....

hand me down machines....

What happens to the machines when we die? Maybe we could have our loved ones send them to Hank.

Supplies?

Supplies?

Say, if one person was approved by their doctor to have one..and 5 people chipped in to pay $2,000 for it..where would you get your cuvettes and tenderletts..They run $12.00 each..and what if 5 people starting failing to get the blood in the tenderlett in 2 minutes..it's gone...:confused: :confused: I don't think the company that the one person bought it from would send out 25 cuvettes in a month without wondering..Why?:eek: :eek: I'm even getting confused now.:p Just my 2 cents LA..Hope you are doing well. Bonnie:)

Now I'm all confused...

Now I'm all confused...

....I didn't know it'd be so hard getting 'the doctor's' approval.

Do they try to CONTROL/INTERVINE in lives to this degree?

>>>>>>"Say, if one person was approved by their doctor to have one.. (why would it be hard to get approval).

>>>>>>where would you get your cuvettes and tenderletts..(I thought they were readily available from the manufacturers, or are they scheming with the medical system?).

>>>>>>They run $12.00 each..(so?).

>>>>>>and what if 5 people starting failing to get the blood in the tenderlett in 2 minutes..it's gone...(this is Greek to me).

>>>>>> I don't think the company that the one person bought it from would send out 25 cuvettes in a month without ordering..Why? (same as above).

>>>>>>>I'm even getting confused now. (sorry angel, didn't mean to cause you this)

>>>>>>>Just my 2 cents (to me this education is worth a million times MORE).

>>>>>>>LA..Hope you are doing well. --Bonnie (I'll do alright IF I can keep AWAY from hospitals AND THE APPOINTMENT CLERK. I cancelled my last coumadin appointment because I almost had a nervous breakdown JUST thinking IF I'd be informed (AGAIN, Feb. 13th) 'that I was not in the computer.'

I'd rather 'switch' to aspirin (mega doses of 'anything that thins the blood AND beer :) then continue the coumadin appointments.

God Bless 'the gang'

Last edited:
what's so hard about getting a prescription?

what's so hard about getting a prescription?

Seems like it would be as easy as getting a prescription from your doctor for the cuvettes... each person would buy thier own cuvettes... share a machine. I didn't think it was that bad of an idea. The insurance companies should love it... its a lot cheaper than going to the lab. The only person I see not liking it would be Protime... not selling as many machines.

To me those machines are worth about...

To me those machines are worth about...

...$150 to $175.

I'm 'hoping' for the day when we won't NEED them (new medications?).

An owner may 'name' his/her fee for its use at convenient times for him/her.

I could use 'a source' in Austin, Dallas and Houston also (personal and business travel. Speaking of travel, I wouldn't mind 'full timing.').

>>>> hand me down machines....
What happens to the machines when we die? Maybe we could have our loved ones send them to Hank.

Rain, DON'T talk about 'death' in this forum. Remember the replies I got when I was looking for the 'obituaries?'

Everybody is IMORTAL in this forum?

Rain, angel, I like your new avatar!

God Bless all

Last edited:
The real question is do we all know where we're gonna be buried?

The real question is do we all know where we're gonna be buried?

LA_Cruiser,

I?m sure it doesn?t cost them more than $150. to make the machine.... but I guess they are ?worth? whatever we are willing to pay for them. I really wouldn?t want to share my machine with anyone... but I can see how it would work for others. They could even all pitch in to purchase the machine. The guy who comes and picks it up to do his protime could carry it to the next house. And don't you think its insane that my machine would just go in the trash when I die? I mean I'd rather give it to you .. or anyone else who needs it. I don't see the problem... seems like all you'd need is a prescription for the cuvettes.

I?m pretty sure I?ll die one of these days... my husband and I have been arguing about where we?re gonna be buried for the last 23 years. His family, since the 1800s is buried in a cemetery about 30 miles from where my family has been being buried since the 1800s..... I keep telling him.. ?who ever dies first looses!? :p

Ya think anyone has ever got divorced cause they couldn?t agree on a cemetery?!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back