CIGNA Coverage?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BDMc

My employer is changing insurance companies 1/01/10 to CIGNA. I haven't been able to get answers from them, or Philips as to how much my cost will be for INR home testing. Do any of you have experience with them? My plan will cover 90% after $350.00 deductable for the year. That's as opposed to 100% coverage by Tufts now. :( Thanks, Brian

Depends on your plan within CIGNA. I had CIGNA (through the same employer) both times I had valve surgery. The first time, I paid a grand total of $125.

This time, I am being hit with somewhere between five and eight thousand dollars (so far), depending on how it shakes out. CIGNA is claiming the anesthesiologists (and others over whom I had no control) are out of network, which puts them into a $4,500 patient family out-of-pocket, along with the $1,500 out-of-pocket for in-network coverages. Then, of course, they pay only a portion of everything that they do cover.

Good luck with coverage for the testing. Especially given how much more we pay for them now, insurance "benefits" sure are not what they used to be.

Best wishes,

Good luck with that. Especially given how much more we pay for them now, insurance "benefits" sure are not what they used to be.

So true!

And it does depend on your plan, they're different even under the same insurer for different groups. I tried to get a home tester through CIGNA earlier in the year, but my deductible was so high that they weren't going to be paying anything for it anyways. 90% and a $350 deductible may not be 100%, but in these times, it is not bad! Good luck, I hope you get your machine!

I have CIGNA HMO...all I had to pay was the co-pay of $200 for my surgery. Interesting that I am now getting calls from the anesthesiologists for money. However it's nice to have in an e-mail that I have from the head of the anesthesiology dept 2 days before my surgery assuring me that CIGNA will be taken by all who would be involved in my surgery. Glad that I thought do do that ahead of time.
I do not know about INR testing, but I do know that their website may have detail when you enroll as a member.

Thanks everyone. I know it will still be better than what many have, but is a drag to go through the change. Star, You were brilliant to get that email! I love to hear stories like that! Hopefully the transition will be smoother than I anticipate.

Brian, I have had Cigna for a long time under my company's health insurance. Of course now that I am retired, Cigna is secondary. We have been reasonably pleased, though I don't have answers to your specific questions. I think Bob H's caution about trying to make sure services are in-network is important. Once you're on board, they have a pretty good website where you can check out providers and services.

Thanks Bob! Will try to get more answers this week, as I will be starting a healthcare spending account to cover deductable, regular co-pays, and the home testing.

Hi. I just got the invoice and the EOB for my INRatio monitor and here is the breakdown:
Protime INRatio list price was $2195.60 CIGNA paid $1976.04 my coinsurance was $219.56
Supplies were $356.95 Insurance paid 90% and I paid 10% or $35.60 which seems to be pretty reasonable. When I called QAS and got the ball rolling, I had an approval from CIGNA in writing within about 6 days. Got my machine and supplies in about 3 weeks if I remember correctly.

Good luck.

Brian

I hope that you are having better luck getting your machine than I am. I submitted my paperwork in september and I still can't get any answers. Whether it be from qas or the insurance. QAS keeps telling me that they are still waiting for approval because they faxed it on october 15th. And anyone I have talked to from my insurance company and their supplier keeps telling they haven't received anything but yet even when I tell QAS no one has received a fax they still won't resend the fax. I am getting completely frustrated with everyone. Because it doesn't seem to be doing any good with me calling all these different people and spending an hour or more on the phone. Best of luck to you and I hope you have an easier time with getting your machine.

Jackie:

Have you asked to speak to a supervisor?
I don't know if Brandi is a supervisor, but she handled some things for me. You may want to ask for her (don't have her last name but others here might) and see if that cuts through the chase.

Goodluck..!!

Goodluck..!!

For quick and efficient results: I downloaded the Patient Information Sheet from QAS website, filled it out and faxed it to Brandi at 407-902-2780 and she took it from there. Several of us on here went through Brandi and she gets the job done..!!

Here's the form: http://www.qualityassuredservices.co...oche_rxlmn.pdf

And here's her contact information:
Brandi L. Thrailkill
Quality Assured Service, Inc.
Customer Service/Special Accounts
70 South Keller Road
Orlando, FL 32810
1.800.298.4515 ext: 2823
407.902.2780 - fax
[email protected]

What a great team we have here! I did end up calling Brandi. She is no longer in the "sales" dept. but was very helpful getting my paperwork started and delivered to the right department. On top of that, my employer reconsidered my insurance, and offered a 100% policy for more money per week. It is still something I can afford, so I jumped on that. Expect new card from CIGNA in the next couple weeks. Thanks gang!

Marsha, I still have my old one from Philips Raytel, and they have offered to sell it to me for $400.00, so I may do that to have a back-up while waiting for QAS and CIGNA. I'd already figured that into my healthcare spending account by the time I got any real figures for CIGNA/QAS (Rob's post). Brian

Latest posts

Back