chiroprator when?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw the chiroprator quite a few times before my surgery. He adjusted me , because he said in the operating table would be hard on my back and I would feel like they through me againist the wall. (which he was right about that statement) I got adjusted again after surgery about 5 to 6 months out, and he did'nt adjust the chest area because I still was healing. Hope that helps!!
Have you always gone to a chiroprator? Or is this your first time? Just let him know what you've been through before any adjusting is done. Good Luck!
Let me know how it goes. :)

I'm seeing him tomorrow!!! I can't wait!

He's adjusting my neck and jaw. That's all he can do, obviously, because I'm only three weeks out of surgery. But that's what I really need to have done, anyway. My chiropractor has been invaluable in my fight against migraine. Plus, sleeping in a recliner, is, amazingly, not so fab for your neck. ;)

I had the same question and finally decided (4 months) to have my neck worked on.
I'm glad I did.
I'm willing to bet my cardiologist would say 6 months for my back but I
have a feeling my body will tell me when it's time.

I went but I can't remember how long I waited...he just said to let him or any other bone-cracker to know I had surgery...they adjust the way they adjust you:D

4 days

4 days

I saw mine four days after coming home from the hospital. I had horrible back pain and spasms down my right leg. My chiropractor has that new machine that uses a tool instead of physicaly adjusting you. I love it!!

I think you should check with your doctors to be sure.

At my three months post-op check, I asked my cardio if I had his permission to see my chiropractor. I thought he kind of winced but he gave me permission when I assured him my chiropractor was very gentle.

I also had a deep tissue massage about three months post-op--NEVER AGAIN, I think, because it was rough on me and I got pretty ill afterward.

I've been seeing a chiropractor regularly for the past 6 months. She thinks that the combination of having OHS in August of 2006 plus working at a desk job did me in. I also saw a physical therapist who gave me some exercises to strengthen my upper body and stomach muscles. I'm not sure how long you should wait until after surgery to see a chiropractor, but I wish I hadn't waited so long. The longer you wait, the more stiff you get. But I feel much better now!:)

Thanks for all of your input. This was my first time seeing a chiroprator ever. It was a woman and I did tell her about my AVR and she did ask questions about that. She worked on my SI joints. I have been having hip pain for two weeks and this did help. She wants to do another adjustment tomorrow.

I was six months on Tuesday. I also had a teeth cleaning and checkup today and impressions made for a bridge.

Thanks again
Earline

I was told by the Osteopath that I couldnt have treatment until at least 6 weeks...to give my Sternum time to heal...I had really really gentle massages before then but no bone cracking or adjusting.

Latest posts

Back