Chicago Info

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Faye

I need your help - or rather my daughter and her hubby need advice and info. Holly and Nathan are moving to the Chicago area some time in the next month. He is re-joining the Navy and will be stationed at Great Lakes.

They are researching to see where they should live and are also gathering info on things they must do/see while they are living there for at least the next 4 years.

I told Holly that I would reach out to my VR friends because I know a few of you live in the Chicago area. If you have time and are willing to share with us, please send me a PM.

Thanks!

As a former Navy guy I know NTC Great Lakes quite well. My overall suggestion is to not live too far from base, as commute times can be difficult in the northern subs of chicago. There is limited on base housing, but I understand that the demand is high. I would urge them to contact base housing now to see what is available. Base housing will be much less costly than some of the surrounding areas, and more secure.

It all depends on whether they are renting or buying and how much they can afford. Price ranges are all over the place. If they are looking with a realtor and are wanting to know about particular towns and areas, many of us can give you info.

Latest posts

Back