Chest pain

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AmyR

Its about 16 weeks post aortic valve repair and i have this weird pain in my chest at times, which is usually on the left. I wonder if it is the heart cause on applying pressure the pain increases. I read somewhere that if the pain inc on applying pressure it is the muscle and not the heart. Any valuable insights on this would be appreciated. Just trying to pacify my funny anxious brain. :p

P.s I have started with mild workout with very low weights.

I get pains occasionally in the same area and I am about 18 months out. It is also on the left. I read up on things and there can be a lot of trauma to your chest, the linings between the ribs and lungs, etc. These take time to heal. Search this forum, there is a fancy name for the trauma. I wouldn't worry about it.

Some people heal quick, with me, I've had 4 surgeries and it takes a longer time for my body to loose all the pain spots.

Hi Amy R

I had minimally invasive AVR a little over 6 weeks ago. For the better part of this time, most of my pain or "tweaking" has been on the right side of my chest which I totally accepted. Yesterday, I had this odd pain pop up from the left side of my chest and it was so uncomfortable, that I decided not to walk. I took Advil throughout the day and when I woke up this morning, it was gone. I felt so good today that I was able to walk, do some strength training (waist down), and finally got to drive my car. Maybe it was muscle pain, but I guess these pains are part of random events that happen to most of us post op. Hope this helps, Nita

Most of us report having good days and bad days as we heal. There is not always a reason why Tuesday we felt good but not so much on Wednesday. Unless there is something that frightens you, it is mostly normal for there to be a few steps backward while making mostly forward steps.

Sounds like you are doing great.
Keep up the good work.

Latest posts

Back