Chest pain

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yotphix

Here's a question I wish I wish I wasn't asking!

Anyone else have muscular chest pain, similar to that just post surgery, but years later, when everything appeared to have long since healed already?

I've been working particularly hard lately. My normal work life is pretty physical but this has been exceptional. (Lots of pushing and pulling on steel things to force them into the shapes and alignments we need, lots of heavy, heavy lifting and overhead lifting etc.) About two weeks ago, I started to have quite a bit of pain in my chest, which feels a lot like I remember feeling in the days post surgery, maybe even more like I felt when I idiotically installed a laminate floor just a few weeks after surgery.
I suspect I might have torn free some of the scar tissue around the wires? Or who knows really. Whatever I did, I wouldn't recommend it. I'm wondering too, if others have had similar episodes so far from surgery. (I was cut in June '09.)

Paul

Yeah. I remember that in the early years. Minor though, not acute like you describe. I avoided lifting weights until many years later. You must have done something a little too hard. I don't recall how long it took to go away but today I can do anything. Oddly, while doing my morning pushups, I do still (after 22 yrs) get a pain in the center of the breastbone in the first set of 40 or 50 which then goes away for subsequent sets.

I still experience periodic chest pain after 46 years......usually after physical labor like yard work, sometimes after gym workout or playing golf, etc. Normally these discomforts go away withing a few hours. If they persist, or have symptons not associated with muscle aches, I would contact my doc.

Thanks to both of you, that's actually a little reassuring. I'm due soon for an echo and check up anyway, so I'll definitely bring it up. I'm pretty sure that the pain is in muscle or connective stuff. It moved around a bit too, in the way that my more persistent back pains do, as one group of muscles tries to compensate for another's shortcomings.

Latest posts

Back