Chest pain and uncertainty

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi

So it's been around 2 years since i had my on x put in with a graft for my aorta, last week i started having the exact same pain in my chest as i did when my valve started going bad back in 2020.
I'm scared, of this being my valve failing or something gotten lose inside.

sorry to hear that. However if you've had any echo studies done since the first operation then the only thing that's likely to occur is paravalvular leaks (which stick out like prawns eyes on an echo). However you don't feel those.

I would say that its probably something else and you should just reserve judgement. Accept that you're probably being hypervigilant about it and just let them do their job.

In some ways I'm in a similar position to you. There are things I feel that I can't be sure of what they are. I'm slowly working towards working out what they are.

you're in the right place (hospital) and they'll run some tests ... if they don't find anything then whatever it is its not your valve falling out. That would have gone off like a burst hose in the garden anyway ... Have a read about paravalvular leaks.

Best Wishes

Maybe they were checking your ears for ear crystal vertigo. Getting dizzy is not good because you could fall. Have they changed up any of your drugs? My drugs for high blood pressure sometimes makes me light headed when I get up.

ive called my doc up again cus i want to see if i have some sort of arrythmia perhaps? i honestly dont know if arrytmia can cause it.
This won't help any physical issue but maybe it could help the mental side. I bought a Kardia home EKG device/smart phone app. I take one every day and it helps me have direct, daily evidence my heart is ticking well. I am not affiliated with Kardia in any way other than a customer. This is the one I got.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07RQW6SD5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Maybe they were checking your ears for ear crystal vertigo. Getting dizzy is not good because you could fall. Have they changed up any of your drugs? My drugs for high blood pressure sometimes makes me light headed when I get up.
Only med i take is warfarin, and i have taken it since the op so i don't think that's it

Hi

sorry to hear that. However if you've had any echo studies done since the first operation then the only thing that's likely to occur is paravalvular leaks (which stick out like prawns eyes on an echo). However you don't feel those.

I would say that its probably something else and you should just reserve judgement. Accept that you're probably being hypervigilant about it and just let them do their job.

In some ways I'm in a similar position to you. There are things I feel that I can't be sure of what they are. I'm slowly working towards working out what they are.

you're in the right place (hospital) and they'll run some tests ... if they don't find anything then whatever it is its not your valve falling out. That would have gone off like a burst hose in the garden anyway ... Have a read about paravalvular leaks.

Best Wishes
Il give it a read for sure 😊 and yeah your right it's nothing super acute but it's mentally straining and scary, and try to keep my head up as much as I can.

This won't help any physical issue but maybe it could help the mental side. I bought a Kardia home EKG device/smart phone app. I take one every day and it helps me have direct, daily evidence my heart is ticking well. I am not affiliated with Kardia in any way other than a customer. This is the one I got.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07RQW6SD5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I got an appointment on the 10th of March where i hopefully will get a Holter monitor on so they can see if anything happens when i get dizzy. But should they say they don't want me having that il likely look into such a device as this

Il give it a read for sure 😊 and yeah your right it's nothing super acute but it's mentally straining and scary, and try to keep my head up as much as I can.
that's the spirit.

We all (yes me too) have things which could bring them down into a spiral of doom-feeling.

I experience mine most days and choose to say to myself "yes, that's there, but no its not killing me now so I'll move on to enjoy the things I can.

Jung would say that there is no meaning to being happy without experience of sadness. Further he has much to say about allowing anxiety to take the helm.

Qui-Gon phrased it this way

1677446332918.png

Best Wishes

Small update: Was at the hospital Where they did some bloodwork and ultra sound at the ER, and rhey found My troponin t to be slightly raised to 30ng/L. a cardiologist wanted me to take Colchicin for 2-3 Months to see if it helps, as they rhink its Either a mild infection in the heart or the troponin is from scar tissue after the surgery

The measurement of troponin T in the blood is used to diagnose or rule out acute myocardial infarction, to monitor acute coronary syndromes and assess their prognosis, and to monitor patients with non-ischemic heart lesions
Probable Interpretations of Pathological Values
Increased Troponin T: Acute myocardial infarction, angina pectoris, heart failure, muscle damage, renal failure.

The measurement of troponin T in the blood is used to diagnose or rule out acute myocardial infarction, to monitor acute coronary syndromes and assess their prognosis, and to monitor patients with non-ischemic heart lesions
Probable Interpretations of Pathological Values
Increased Troponin T: Acute myocardial infarction, angina pectoris, heart failure, muscle damage, renal failure.
i know they use it to rule out heart attacks and what not, but its the only thing so far that is not optimal in whatever tests ive gone through over the last three months.

Small update: Was at the hospital Where they did some bloodwork and ultra sound at the ER, and rhey found My troponin t to be slightly raised to 30ng/L. a cardiologist wanted me to take Colchicin for 2-3 Months to see if it helps, as they rhink its Either a mild infection in the heart or the troponin is from scar tissue after the surgery
About 3 months after my SAVR, went to the ER for a severe chest cold. When asked if i had chest pain i responded Yes. (Coughing hurts.) This answer triggered them and they then tested for troponin which came in at 16 ng/L. They resampled me after 1 hour and again after 3 hours. Those results came in at 21 for both tests. They concluded that the level was not changing and let me go home. Gave me a prescription for cough suppressant.

So, it appears that heart surgery will elevate it. The ER doctor regarded the proof of myocardial infarction as not so much the absolute value but whether it was on the rise or not.

Could be because of scar tissue, but we Will need a bigger sample size before we can Conclude it. Though i find it good to know That there is a possibity of it being normal after ohs.
Ive noticed that sometimes when i sneeze or cough My chest Will Hurt in that coin sized area.
Hope You are doing Well today

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back