Challenges in overcoming OHS

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

Lisa45

Thought I felt good enough right now to drop everyone a small note. I never really imagined there could be this much pain for this long a period of time. I am getting stronger each day. I am in a situation that forces me to do so as we are moving the end of this month so therefore I have to go let contractors and workers in, come home pack a little at a time and do what I can to help Randy as he is at work all day.

I look at what is happening with me and think there is always somebody worse off than me, and that helps a lot.

Also, I found out that because of my OHS I was taken off the lung transplant list so we had to deal with that and two trips back to ER. One ER wouldn't listen to me when I told her that I could not handle Morphine I always use demerol and Fenegrin. She insisted and caused a illius where my diaphram was pushing against my lung causing it to collapase or cause me to have pneumonia. So she said she was going to have to tube me and admit me. Long story I said NO NO NO and left!

Then found out the surgeon that did my surgery did not give me all the information that I needed to make an intelligent decision. I am talking to an attorney now. I guess after 9 surgeries or so I am tired of doctors acting like God.

Sorry for spouting off just sore and hurting tonight.

I love you all
Lisa

Dear Lisa,

I am sorry to hear about your recent trip to the ER. I've had a lot of complications that are not life threatening since surgery, but they certainly slowed me down. Like you, I wish I had been given more information before surgery.

I can't believe that you are moving so soon. Please don't overdo it, moving is an overwhelming task.

Kathy

Kathy

Kathy,

I so wish I could take it easy but unfortunately I don't have a choice. We bought the house before I knew that I was going to have the OHS so without any real family in town just my 12 and 9 near old neice and their mom who works all day that is it! What else can I do We still had closed and now have to get out of here and move to the next place.

I am open to any ideas. wish I would just heal faster.

Love
Lisa

Lisa,

Actually, I do have an idea. You could hire the 12 and/or 9 year old to do some packing with supervision. They would probably be thrilled to work for $3 an hour. If they have responsible friends they could work in teams.

School had ended when I found out that I was having OHS. I knew it was very unlikely that I would be back in the fall. When I was out for maternity leave quite a few of my personal things were taken. I probably have more than $2000 worth of books, games, and materials that I have purchased over the years. I hired my daughter and her friend and told them if they worked really hard I would pay them $5 an hour. You should have seen them hustle. They brought everything home and cleared some space in the garage where they arranged everything according to subject matter.

Lisa:

Good luck with your move. A friend had to move 2-3MO after her MVR surgery. She and husband moved all the furniture (and cats) themselves.

It's only been about 1MO since your surgery. Recovery does take time, unfortunately. You will be wondering when you will be "normal" again, and one day you will. Just takes time -- darn it!

I had surgery 6/24 and went to a cat show 7/19 -- I groomed the Persian and my husband toted him to/from judgings. I must have walked like a zombie, very stiff. Also, hurt too much to bring my arms together to clap my hands. Two weeks later -- I was feeling much much better.

exercise

exercise

Does anyone know when you can start doing situps and pilates type of exercises?

Has anyone suggested cardiac rehab? If not, call your surgeon or cardiologist and get a prescription. They'll ease you into the exercises you should be doing at whatever stage of recovery you're in; they'll keep you on a monitor for the whole session so you can do your best. It was physical salvation for me!

Latest posts

Back