Cats

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justincwp

This is my first day home after surgery. I was warned that a cat scratch could be fatal. We were a one time cat rescue with a dozen or so old and handicapped cats that never got adopted. I'm not likely to get scratched by a mean cat. But a lot of these cats need meds which can be a stress. And some are just too I want to be on you bouncy. Does anyone else have cat issues they've delt wih? In a positive way!

Justincwp;n845567 said:
This is my first day home after surgery. I was warned that a cat scratch could be fatal. We were a one time cat rescue with a dozen or so old and handicapped cats that never got adopted.

I have owned cats, as well as other animals, over the years.....never had a "scratch or bite" that came anywhere close to being fatal. Are you referring to a "scratch bleedout" do to warfarin? If so, I should have died a long time ago since we once had a cat that would "tag me" every once in a while. Sounds like another warfarin myth to me. There is a lady who judges cat shows on the forum and maybe she will post as I'm sure she has been scratched many times. If your concern has to do with a scratch infection, I guess that could be fatal if left unattended.

Oh that's good. While in the hospital I noticed inconsistencies with what I was told and real life. I don't want to be scared of my own cats They are all sweet. Only scratchy concerns are rolling over on one or medical procedures (like digging out poop). You make it sound unlikely under typical conditions. (and I like that) We've been digging out cat butts for about a year. (two of them with advancing age and paralysis) Once in a while they get a bit unhappy but mostly don't notice.

Justincwp;n845581 said:
You make it sound unlikely under typical conditions. (and I like that) We've been digging out cat butts for about a year. (two of them with advancing age and paralysis) Once in a while they get a bit unhappy but mostly don't notice.

I'd be unhappy too! Make sure you are up to date on Tetanus shot and maybe wear gloves when "digging out cat butts".....but as far as bleeding out due to a cat scratch....that won't happen, unless the cat is rather large, like a Tiger.

First day home post op and I was rebonding with one of our foster kittens who was on the arm of the chair I was sitting in. Unexpectedly, she sneezed (she was getting over upper respiratory infection) and the snot flew and I jerked away. My sternum did NOT appreciate this knee-jerk reaction.

Said kitten has also jumped on my chest from lying on top of my pillow mountain. :eek: More than once in fact. More joyous moments with sternum. That being said , we have 4 cats in total, common sense hygiene and no lifting of kitty litter bags, boxes etc and there shouldn't be much of an issue.
Did I mention not to lift kitty litter bags? please don't because I did when I though it would be ok, even my husband told me not to, I did anyway and it really wasn't. Shrug ....;)

Latest posts

Back