cardio check up

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

psalmist

I just recieved a call from my cardio's office to discuss my echo results. The nurse made a brief mention of my ejection fraction which was 50-55 percent. She called it low normal. I learned that it has stayed the same since my last check up:smile2: about a yr and a half ago. Can anyone shed some light on this for me? Is it normal to be this way? Should i be concerned? My cardio didnt seem to think so.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts

No, I don't think you should be concerned.
Ejection fraction is not usually an exact measurement from Echo and 50-55 is a very decent range particularly if it is remaining steadily in that range for you.

If I hear 'no change', I am a happy valver. :)

Thanks! Talking with health professionals is a tricky art sometimes. They are not always revealing and rarely speak in layman terms. Not to mention that they are sometimes gaursed on what they share.

Thanks! Talking with health professionals is a tricky art sometimes. They are not always revealing and rarely speak in layman terms. Not to mention that they are sometimes gaursed on what they share.
Seth,
Remember that they monitor a whole suite of measurements and not any one. Ask him how your other numbers are holding out compared to the last echo.

By the way- I think you just invented a new word (gaurse) to describe 'a reluctant to talk' Cardiologist.

For example you might say "My old cardio was always gaursing my results and I never knew what was going on until I went to this new cardio at another location." :D

Best
John

Latest posts

Back