cardiac rehab

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laurad37

I start Cardiac Rehab tomorrow. They didn't really get into what they do when I talked to them. Any suggestions on what I could expect? I will be 3 weeks post op on Monday

I start Cardiac Rehab tomorrow. They didn't really get into what they do when I talked to them. Any suggestions on what I could expect? I will be 3 weeks post op on Monday

I started rehab 3 weeks ago, what they had me start with is 10 minutes on the step machine, 10 minutes on a stationary bike and 10 minutes on a treadmill. Every week they up it by 1 minute so now I am doing 12 minutes each. They also take your blood pressure before you start, then another time during your exercise, then once you stop and cool down. They also come around and ask how difficult it is when you are on the machine to make sure you don't over do it. They also make you wear a heart monitor. I would assume most cardiac rehabs are like this.
Have fun!

Is your cardio rehab strictly exercise or do they include diet and lifestyle meetings?

i'm not sure... i guess i'll know tomorrow. I'm just worried about exercising with these dizzy spells I have been getting the last few days.

Back