Cardiac Assist Device using Artificial Muscle

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

ClickerTicker

Not absolutely new, really work in progress, but I stumbled across this whilst chasing links from a slashdot feed relating to synthetic muscle.
Shows that there's potentially even more on the horizon for heart failure sufferers. I was classified as having "acute heart failure" following damage to my heart muscle by endocarditis. Diuretics sorted out the symptoms and I'm effectively symptom-free. As it probably won't get any better over time, I'm very pleased to see that folks are working on things like this!
http://www.mech-eng.leeds.ac.uk/cardiacassist/home.htm

Ron -

Ron -

so very fascinating. I, too, hope that more and more things can be done to help the human heart, through modern medicine. We are living in a miraculous time, thank goodness!!

P.S. I'm glad that your health is great right now. I hope it will continue that way for many more years.

Christina L

Hi Clickerticker, Thank You for posting the article and sharing the information. :) I'm glad your symptom free and enjoying yourself. :) I have CHF and its always nice to see newer treatments come along for this.
Thanks
M&M

Back