Captain Phil

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joy

Wow, I am surprised no one has mentioned Captain Phil. He died of similar issues to what we have...well at least some of them. I am a big fan of deadliest catch. This whole season has been leading up to his death. He had a major stroke on January 29th in St. Paul Harbor, and died on February 9th from complications. Anybody else here watch the Deadliest Catch? It just seems to hit home that he died from a stroke. So many of us here have many of the same health issues that he had.

Hey Joy, just wanted to say HI! It's been a few years.

Watched the show a few times. Didin't he smoke alot? Not sure it that had anything to do with his condition. Glad I gave it up 25 years ago.

yeah, he smoked like a chimney, they say that is what caused him to have his pulmonary embolism 2 years ago, which kinda led up to his stroke and his death. He lived really close to you too! I can't wait to move back to Washington! Just over 3 years to go!

By the way, Mainframe, what happened to your 1st AVR? It was the same kind as my Mitral valve, a carpentier Edwards bovine...Mine's still going( although my cardiologist here is not a good one, one reason I can't wait to go to washington) my card here in Hawaii says another 5 years, Dr. Stewart isn't so sure...and neither am I.

I can't believe living in Hawaii can be too rough. Lots of people would trade places. :)

The old valve kind of bit the dust. Two leaflets got pretty calcified and the other pretty much tore off. I went downhill pretty fast. Didn't feel too bad in July; by the time I had a re-do in November I was in pretty rough shape. Had a pretty crappy Nov/Dec all in the hospital.

Missing Phil

Missing Phil

I am a big fan of the show, mostly the Time Bandit, but of late have really become a fan of Edgar and Jake (don't you want to just hug him?) on the Northwestern.

I've been watching this season and must say it's been really hard to watch. Especially the episode where Jake Harris tells Phil about his addiction. That was so hard to watch. Very proud of how Josh handled things. He certainly matured quickly to be his father's guardian.

Don't know if I can watch the next episode...might have to dvr it.

Tass

I will definitely be watching tomorrow...with a box of kleenex right next to me! Hope everyone is doing well!
Joy

DH watches and I sit in once in awhile. It's getting tough to watch, knowing what's coming. Next episode is going to be gut wrenching, for sure.

Latest posts

Back