Can someone explain !!!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shirley Dickey

Hi just recevied my last echo report and it says Left atrium mildly dialted..what does this mean ? It also says that MV inflow is normal but cannot rule out diastolic dysfunction????
I have had AVR for stenosis with tissue valve in 09 and MVR w/mechanical in 2011..cardio never said anything to me regarding .. But according to report he never told me my tricuspid/pulmonic valve has mild regurration either..But he also knows I stress about it very much..Kind of upsetting to go thru AVR/MVR and dbl bypass and find out 2 other valves are leaking...He does an echo every 3/6 months..can you live ur whole life with these 2 valves leaking? I am 43 it took 39 years for avr stenosis and only 2 years for mvr..hope im not looking at another surgery anytime in the near future :(
See told you I'm a worry wort...:(

Hi Shirley,
I understand the worry that comes with these echo reports. First of all it is not unusual to have mild or trivial regurgitation in our valves. This also shows on my echo reports for my tricuspid valve. I also have moderate pulmonary regurgitation (plus mild to moderate stenosis) and none of the cardios seem too worried about it and actually said it may never give me any problems in the future. I hope that helps. :) I completely understand not wanting any surgery anytime in the near future.

Latest posts

Back