Brand new runner

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clay_from_nj

I've been running the treadmill for a couple of months now, just got to 5K distances in the last couple of weeks. I ran the Brighton Colorado 5K Turkey Trot and came in at 30:55, right about in the middle of the runners and the middle of my age category. I tried to remember to just plod along just as I had trained, and the final sprint made up for the two 5-second walking breaks. This from a guy who, a couple of months ago, literally couldn't run a long city block. (http://results.active.com/events/29...run-walk/searchable-run-results/clayton-leihy)

Congratulations Clay. I think that is a pretty respectable time. Just think you can only get better at it. Very good for the heart. Good job.

Brand new runner

Congratulations!!
Running can become pretty adictive. I bet that, in your next 5k race, you will try to improve your time! But it is a healthy addiction, excellent for your cardio system...

Great job Clay! Watch out though..once you start it's hard to stop. Tip of the day...buy really bright running shoes..and good ones!

I ran the Brighton Colorado 5K Turkey Trot and came in at 30:55, right about in the middle of the runners and the middle of my age category.

Not bad at all from not so new runner. I couldn't match your time, especially at altitude. I ran one in Boulder once and it took me at least an extra minute.

Latest posts

Back