bobm193's surgery on Tuesday the 27th

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nancy

Hey Bob-

How did we miss your surgery date?? I put it on the calendar now. You can't get away with not having all our well wishes.

May you have the very best surgical result possible. Tuesday is your shiny new heart's b-day. So it's a day of celebration!

Bon Voyage, smooth sailing and we'll all be waiting to hear how you did. I hope someone can post for you. Talk to you later.

Bob,

You can't slip by Nancy, she is very alert and on the ball.

I also want to wish you the best on the 27th and we will be praying that all goes smooth. The surgeons and their teams are all wonderful and you will do fine.

Again, good wishes and let us know how you are doing as soom as you can.

Walter

Bob, I am a new member and have not heard much on your story. But I wanted to wish you the best luck for your surgery on the 27th. Please keep us posted on your post-op. I will be going through the ROSS in the near future.No date yet. God bless and I will have you in my prayers for a fast recovery.
Paula from NC.
:)

Thank you for your well wishes!

Yes, I will have the Ross Procedure this Tuesday to correct AS/AI. I have a bicuspid aortic valve that i found out about 6 years ago. I was told i would need a valve replacement sometime in my lifetime, which i didn't think meant at age 43. This past May my Cardiologist started this panic when he told me the valve "is acting up". I researched alot and found Dr. Steltzer of NY Beth Israel. He has done hundreds of Ross Procedures and has had great results. I have finally accepted and am getting it done. It was hard because i am totally asymptomatic. After 3 cardiologists confirmed the same thing - well i dont want to risk further damage to my heart so I am fixing the problem now.

Thanks to all for their well wishes and support. This is a great site for info and support. Thanks to the many of you who have provided information to me and those who i have spoke to on the phone. It means alot that you are so caring and took the time to help in many ways.

This Cryolife situation is getting worse with the FDA now "Urging Surgeons" to consider alternative valve sources. This makes it harder to go in on Tuesday knowing there is little to no other valves available other than Cryolifes. Well i guess i'll have faith in what my Dr. said about him never having a problem in over 15 years of using their valves.

I don't think i will have anyone post for me but as soon as i am able i will get on-line and tell my war story. The ICU patient status # at Beth Israel for "Friends and Family" is (212) 420-2492 if someone really can't wait. You all qualify as caring friends as far as i'm concerned, the only catch is you have to post status on this website if you do call.

I have to go try to sleep now - tomorrow is preadmission testing and Tuesday is the big day.

Talk to you all very soon,
Bob Marconi

Mornin, Bob - You are about to take your first steps on the path up the mountain. We are all concerned for you and will have you in prayers. Hope we hear your own personal story soon and that all of it is good news. GODSPEED

Good Luck!

Good Luck!

Hi Bob,

I don't know if you will get this before you leave for the hospital, but I wanted to let you know that I wish you the best of luck tomorrow. You'll do fine, I'm sure.

The hardest part (waiting) is over now. The rest will be much easier.

I'll be watching for your posts later in the week.

Ron K

Hey Bob

Hey Bob

Just wanted to let you know you will be in my thoughts and prayers tomorrow ...and until we hear from you again. You take care and I look forward to hearing all about it from you when you are back home
Scottie

What a coincidence!

What a coincidence!

Hey bob! Guess we have a day in common! Tomorrow will be my one year anniversary post op. I never thought I would make it to this point, but I feel great! Don't worry, you'll do well, and before you know it, you'll be at the same point I am. Time flies when you feel good. Godspeed, and I will be praying for a speedy recovery time for you and an uneventfull surgery. Oh, and beware of the evil sneeze! YOu will know what I mean when it happens! Keep your little pillow handy! Take care, relax(if possible) and you will be fine!

hi bob!
i'm sorry i got here too late and you will most probably miss this post before going to bed tonight....
wishing you all the best tomorrow. you will be in our thoughts and prayers.
you are in great hands with dr.stelzer and i look forward to seeing your posts on this website real soon.
be well, sylvia

Go get 'em

Go get 'em

Bob, sorry I missed you, but you'll be in my thoughts tomorrow.
Best wishes for the best possible outcome...

Johnny

I too, missed getting this message posted . Please know that everyone is saying prayers for your speedy and complete recovery from this.

Bob Marconi?

Bob Marconi?

Hi Bob, It's been 9 days since your surgery. Do you feel up to chatting on valvereplacement under post-surgery to let us know how you are doing? I hope you are doing great.:) Let us hear something soon. Bonnie

Latest posts

Back