blood pressure monitors

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattwisconsin

Green Bay, WI, Columbus, OH, and Chicago, IL.
So I have been thinking about getting a home blood pressure monitor ever since I was feeling faint, luckily it was while my nurse was here and had a blood pressure of 70/40. My father also has high blood pressure and this is something that I used to have problems with but after some weight loss seems to have gone away.

Does anyone have suggestions.

The two I am looking at are the

Omron HEM-780

or the more simple

Omron HEM-432C

Just be sure it has a self-inflating cuff. Then check it against your nurse's monitor for accuracy. I have the Omron 775 from Costco, which I think is a version of the 780. Its readings are very close to my PCP's. Consumer Reports reviewed these in Sep 08. Check your local library if you don't subscribe.

All of the Omron units have a guaranteed accuracy percentage. You cannot go wrong with any of their inflatable cuff models.

I use the HEM- 780. I think that it is wonderful. It has a memory for two people, and alerts you to an irregular heartbeat. It shows readings for both morning and evening pressure, as well as a pulse reading. You can set it to take one reading, or three (at time intervals defined by the user) and averages the results.

I brought it to my internist, and it was "right on the money" in terms of having the same reading as his professional sphyg. My husband was having a problem with his blood pressure, but every time that he went to the doctor (usually in the early afternoon), his bp was normal. With this device, he determined that his pressure tended to spike in the early evening to the early morning. We informed the doctor, and he prescribed a medication regimen that was tailored to my husband's needs.

The cuff is very nice, will accomodate most arms easier than with a conventional type cuff.

Personally, I think that it is a great investment for anyone who needs to monitor his blood pressure.

i've got an hem-446c (assume it's the same as the 432c). it's accurate
compared to the pharmacy spyghnometer. runs about $35-40 here.
this one is manual inflation - less parts to break, self-inflating is available.

I use the HEM-711 auto inflatable. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the newer Omron products. I also occasionally have wifey do the readings with a standard sphygmomanometer. And nurse uniform.

Be aware that the cuff size can alter the readings significantly, especially if it's too small.

Thanks for the suggestions. I am really looking at the HEM-780 since it also has the monitor for an irregular heart beat, which I have not had a problem with in the past, except once a nurse said she noticed one.

It seems like the benefits of having this at home would be worth the money.

I bought the wrist one, Omron 670 IT recently, it fits in my purse and is covenient. It has a sensor that checks that your wrist is at your heart level, which is important. Haven't cheked it against any other ones, so don't know how accurate it is.

Walmart has a good one reli-on? not sure of the spelling but it was rated the best one. I bought it for about $40 and I really like it! They are always low in stock so it must be a good one. I wore my other one out! LOL!

Latest posts

Back