bikes (sorta OT)

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
depends what you want to do with it. what are your plans.

regardless, i'd change out the handlebars. i'm partial to the brahma zoom
bars and a girvin flexstem. otherwise, at least add a set of bar ends.

and why the straight forks?

Bicycle

Bicycle

Trek makes some nice bicycles. Take the time to find a shop that will take the time to fit the bicycle you are considering purchasing and allow you to do a test ride that's more than a few minutes long. You might also want to do comparison test rides on different bicycles.

When I purchased my road bike I went in with every intention of purchasing a Trek, but liked the fit and ride of a Specialized better. A good bike shop will take the time to do a decent test ride fit to make sure you're purchasing a bicycle that will work well for you.

There are lots of good bicycle shops out there. Find one that has people you feel comfortable with and has a good service department.

While riding over 2000 miles last summer I quickly learned the value of having inner tubes with Slime in them to prevent flats.

Enjoy the ride!

-Philip

Looks very similar to my Trek hybrid...I enjoy mine cross training on non-running days. Got mine at a good local bike shop.

hey guys

thanks for the advice, I ended upgrading a couple notches and got the trek 7.5 FX WSD
http://www.trekbikes.com/women/wsd_products/bikes/bike_path/75fxwsd/

I'm excited to bring it home and start riding, I couldnt bring it home today because of time issues between clinical and work, but in the meantime they are putting a nicer saddle on it and checking it over, they fitted it to me, I tried out a road bike and I wasnt comfortable, this bike just felt natural. I'm picking it up first thing tomorrow

woo hoo!

I have a Trek Women's specific mountain bike, and I love it. I'm only 5' and it fits me perfect.
Sharon

Dyna,

yea, it is a road bike, but its a hybrid, its got some beefier tires, its made for commuting/recreation

I rode it 9.8 miles today, it felt awesome, I am SO out of shape right now, and tomorrow's probably going to suck, but I love it!

Dear Trinity, that is a beautiful bike! I'm so glad you got it and enjoying it. You will fall in love with riding, just take it slow at first, keep at it, don't let a week go by without riding, and increase you mileage and speed slowly. I got my bike last summer and have about 750 miles on it, I'm going for 1000 :p I just ride 2x's a week and try not to miss a week. I also have flat handle bars and love them, I have a Giant. HAVE FUN !!!! Debbie :):)

Upgrade

Upgrade

Good move with the upgrade. The shifters on your new bike are much better than those on the bike you were initially considering. The carbon fork is also a nice upgrade. Carbon flexes nicely to give a smooth ride.

-Philip

Hey debbie,

riding is ok, furthest I've made it is 12.6 miles so far, I have been trying to ride as much as I can, but school is winding down and graduation is looming so life is crazy. I love the bike, and actually have to beat myself off the thing (think bulldog with a bone) when I get into riding it I'm actually surprized at how well I am riding, I've done 12 miles on 40 mins I think and having a good bike makes all the difference, I'll update more when I have more time to enjoy it
thanks
later

Back