Bextra (Valdecoxib)

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Z

Zipper

Hi,

I have to take a anti-inflamatory for neck/shoulder/arm/hand pain. I know this Bextra is in the same family with Celebrex and Vioxx and it can effect my INR. But with cevical radiculitis and bicipital tendinitis they tell me to take it to alleviate the pain. The only other choice is a steroid..Prednisone...which scares me too!!!! I'll be in physical therapy for 4 more weeks for this, BUT

Just wondering...anyone had to take this stuff while on coumadin ???? If so...effects ?? Doc says test INR every 2 weeks...Hmmmff..I will at the lab (since my insurance didn't pay for my ProTime) But I will test at home more often. I don't like having to take anything that I know will have an effect on INR...Comments...anyone..????

Zipper *~*

Thanks, Ross! Al is such a huge resource! We're so lucky to have him!!!

We gotta keep you busy this week! Just remember you're gonna be just fine. We need you here..you are always so helpful. With all our prayers storming the heavens you can't have anything but a positive outcome. I'll be thinking of you! Take care...Zipper *~*

Hello Zipper,

It seems that at least half of the medications I took during my recovery were known to interact with Coumadin. Whenever I started (or stopped) a medication, I was checked at 4 day intervals. I confess I lowered my Coumadin intake by 20% for 2 days while taking Vioxx, much to the dismay of my Coumadin Clinic Nurse, but it still went up by 0.4 so my 'educated guess' was not far off. Anyway, I vote for more frequent testing whenever a new medication is taken.

'AL'

You guys are getting so good at warfarin management that I do not have to write as often as I did last year. Many times I just read 'em and nod (not weep).

Latest posts

Back