Beckys Surgery

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

gaweary

Hello,

Becky's surgery of Tue, 8/20 was a Hugh success. She is presently in Cardic ICU at the Hospital of The University of Pennsylvania, Phila, Pa.

The surgeon commented that the proceedure was very complex and long, but uneventful with no problems encountered. He replaced the existing artificial Aortic Valve with a new St Jude Valve and installed a St Jude Pulmonary Valve. The artificial Mitral Valve was operating perfectly and thus did not require a replacement. The Pulmonary Hypertension was actually minimal and will reverse itself beginning shortly after recovery.

So.....all is well at this time!!! We are all relieved, and are now hoping for a continued smooth recovery.

Thank you all for your wonderful support.

Gary (Becky's Husband)

YAHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

YAHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Hi Gary.....so glad you posted, I was getting a bit worried!!!! Please tell her I'm so happy everything went so well! What great news!!!! Any idea when she'll be home?

Will keep you both in my prayers......again YIPPEEEEEEE!!!!!! (and if I knew how to move the smile icons, I would post lots of them for Becky)

Please tell her congratulations from

Evelyn and Tyce

Thank you, Gary, for letting us know. We are always anxious to hear of our family members and how they get on. Sounds like SUCCESS to me.

Becky, you keep on gettin better day by day and pretty soon you will be able to tell us (and newbies) all about it. God bless

Hi Gary,

Thanks you for taking the time to post the update. Always good to hear that the surgery was a huge success!

Please pass on my best wishes for Becky to have a full and speedy recovery!

Rob

Gary - Thanks for the excellent report. I remember Becky's surgery was going to be complex and it is great to hear that everything worked out fine. Let her know we are all thinking about her and hoping she is up and well quickly.

Hi Gary-

So very happy to hear about Becky's surgery. That's really great news. Give her my best and we're all celebrating.

Hooray!:)

This is really great news!:D

We are all so VERY pleased for her, and you, and the family!

Very cool!:cool:

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!;)

Marybeth

Hi Gary,

Thanks for taking the time to post. I'm glad to hear everyrthing went great for Becky!:) Hip Hip Hooray! :) :) This is great to hear! Tell her CONGRATULATIONS AND I HOPE SHE HAS A SPEEDY RECOVERY! Let Becky know she's in our thoughts and prayers.

Congratulations Becky! You're now on the "other side". Glad to hear all went well and now, you're on the recovery road! Take care!
Les

Latest posts

Back