Barnes transplant a success!!!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Just a update, Jim Barnes received the heart transplant this morning. He is in ICU. Everything went well. Thanks to all of you for your prayers!

Just wanted to bring to your attention ---- on my signature I give credit to a quote from Tony Huesman, the longest, living, heart transplant recipient. His story is an inspiration to be sure! Another wonderful story is that of Kelly Perkins. I copied & pasted a portion of an article I googled on the web:

As of the end of 2007, Tony Huesman is the world's longest living heart transplant patient, having survived for 29 years with a transplanted heart. Huesman received a heart in 1978 at the age of 20 after viral pneumonia severely weakened his heart. The operation was performed at Stanford University under American heart transplant pioneer Dr. Norman Shumway, who continued to perform the operation in the U.S. after others abandoned it due to poor results.[8].

Another noted heart transplant recipient, Kelly Perkins, climbs mountains around the world to promote positive awareness of organ donation. Perkins is the very first heart transplant recipient to climb to the peaks of Mt. Fuji, Mt. Kilimanjaro, the Matterhorn, Mt. Whitney, and Cajon de Arenales in Argentina in 2007, 12 years after her transplant surgery.

Medical wonders, indeed!!! :)

Great news. I also know someone who had a heart transplant. He does take lots of meds but is doing really well. I don't know who his surgeon was however it was done in New Orleans, La. Not sure how long it's been but over a year for sure.
Earline

Latest posts

Back