Balloon Lady

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember that feeling.

I was about a size 12 pre-surgery, but had to send hubby to Wal Mart to get Men's LARGE PJs for me when they let me out of ICU, I was so bloated after 2 surgeries in 10 days. Nothing I had would fit, and I WAS NOT wearing a hospital gown anymore.

I could have used that hospital gown for a bedspread....lol.....My hands and legs were huge with water and one hand was leaking, if I was green I would have looked like Shrek..
I've lost the 27 liters and some more pounds, and still on lasix..trying to get back to the size I was in the 79 pic......well I can dream can't I...(I think that was a 40's song) lol...

Linda

Hi Star54, I felt the same way. I even used two gowns sometimes so my behind would'nt hang out. Plus all the monitors and wires on you had to have more gown. :)

LOL...My brother told me that as soon as I came out of ICU (drugged up )all I kept asking for were safety pins...so he goes and buys me yellow diaper pins......If I knew he would be that obliging I should have asked for money$$$$...lol. Funny, as I was finally walking around and safety pinned, there were more than a few butts in view.....;)

I've learned not to even bother trying to be modest in a hospital setting. It's just not worth it.

Latest posts

Back