Bad news, very distraught

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2 valves

2 valves

Hi,

I live in central Mass. and I had 2 valves replaced in June of 2005. Umass Worcester University Campus. I got 2 ST Jude vales (Mitral & Aortic) at the same time. I got very sick with Prostetic Valve Endocarditis in Jan 2006 when my surgery was about 6 months old. I had many other problems come up and I had acute renal failure and had some of the vegetation break off of the mitral valve and go to my brain and caused me all kinds of problems there. I was critically ill for a while and had to be sent from Worcester Umass to Mass General in Boston, Dr. Gus J Vlahakes saved my life. He is a very skilled surgeon and re ops are tougher, I can not recommend him enough. I wish I had gone to Dr. Vlahakes in the first place.

Please give Dr.Vlahakes a call, he has 2 wonderful ladies that work with him named Betty and Bonnie, they will never let you down.

His telephone number is 617-726-1861
fax is 617-726-5804
email is [email protected]

He took excellent care of me and my family as well. He is the only doctor who has ever said 24 hours a day 7 days a week he will be there for us always. I think he is a very rare find these days.

Best Wishes
Kathy Canistro

Back