Back from the vacation from hell

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Z

Zazzy

Just got back from Oregon Sunday and I'm glad to be home. We went to visit friends and family.

My mother-in-law, who is 89, has had vision problems (macular degeneration) and needed to go to Portland for a laser procedure.... a 3-4 hour trip. My brother-in-law was supposed to take them, but when we arrived at their house we found him sick. My husband took him to urgent care and he was dx with viral pneumonia. Needless to say, I spent two days outside avoiding him while my husband took his parents to Portland. Can't afford to get near sick people with this leukemia!

We went to Portland the next day. When we got there we learned that my 5-year-old great-niece had broken her arm! My aunt had a hysterectomy and the surgeon perforated her bowel. She almost died and is now in an extensive care home while she recuperates. Bad place for me to be with all of the germs, infections, etc.

I did have a nice visit with my sisters and their families and even got to see an uncle who lives in southern Idaho (he was visiting my aunt).

Oh yeah.... while in Coos Bay I got to visit the ER at the hospital there. My foot and ankle decided to swell like a balloon. YUCK!!!!!

Good to be home and be around normal people again. I HATE BIG CITIES!!!

Hope everyone is fine and will try to catch up on posts tomorrow after physical therapy. Those massages feel wonderful!!!!

Take care,
Zazzy

Dear Zazzy,

So glad to read that your home safe and sound. While I'm sure it's good to see family. This trip you could have missed. Thank goodness that your husband was there to take care of things. I've missed your posts. martha

Been thinking about you and wondering how you are. Please take very good care of yourself because you're the only Zazzy there is. Happy you are home and safe again. Sounds like a truly bad unneeded experience for you. Welcome and God bless

Hey Zazzy - It is good to hear from you again, safe at home and away from vacations. I wanted to wish you good luck with all, but I think I should just wish you less bad luck. Take care.

Gee Whiz Zazzy-

If anyone needed a vacation, it was you. You've been through a very tough year. Here's hoping for smooth sailing from now on, and a little fun thrown in.

I didn't realize you were from Idaho!

I didn't realize you were from Idaho!

Zazzy, I didn't realize you were from Idaho. There are so few of us!!

I am down in Boise. Will be heading north, driving this Saturday for a consult w/Dr. Oury in Missoula on Aug 27. Won't make it as far north as St. Maries. Too bad!

Where about in southern Idaho does your uncle live?

Deb Arkoosh

Latest posts

Back