Back at Work

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

mainframe

Today is my second day back in the office. I worked 5 hours yesterday and will shoot for 6 today. It's great to have some sense of being back to business. Next week I'll shoot for 6-8 hours a day.

As a programming contractor, the work is not too taxing physically, I just sit at the computer and go to an occasional meeting. It's great to have an understanding boss who assurred me that my job would still be here.

Chris.

Great!

I hope your transition back into productivity is smooth and you don't have anymore unexpected set backs. :)

MainFrame/Chris

Although you're back to the office, don't forget you just had major surgery and remind your co-workers of that too. They forget so easily and think just because you're there that you're all back to normal, but this is not so. Most people have no idea what you just went through.
You will tire quickly in the beginning, and even sitting behind a computer can be very exhausting. It was for me because my upper back and shoulder blades were killing me and I was unable to sit for long periods of time behind my computer. Was glad at times to be in bed and resting in my pillows.

Wishing you great health!

Christina
Congenital Aortic Stenosis
AVR's 8/7/00 & 8/18/00
St.Jude's Mechanical

Back At Work

Back At Work

Way to go Mainframe!!

I understand where you are coming from. There comes a time when you just have to get back to reality...work is for a lot of us reality ( this sitting around just doesn't cut it!!)

But remember...listen to your body...when it says take a break then TAKE A BREAK!!

Best of luck to you..keep on truckin'

Jack ( Welland )

Hi Chris-

Congratulations on being back to work. Sounds as if you work for some good people.

You sound strong and healthy.

Best wishes!

When I tried to do too much too soon my body would tell me, usually the next day! It gets better everyday, but you definitely have to be patient with the limits of your endurance at first. One of the things I learned to do was take naps, which I had never done before.
Good luck:)

Wow!

Wow!

Hi Chris,

I had to go back to check on when you had your surgery. I know it wasn't more than a month ago, but when you said you were back at work, I thought I had mixed up your surgery date with someone else's.

With the exception of the most recent stay in the hospital, your recovery seems to be going great!

I guess that just goes to show that the better shape you're in going into the hospital, the better your chances will be for a fast and full recovery. Also, being younger helps a lot.

I guess the lesson for all the folks considering when to get their surgeries is to get themselves in shape and don't put it off too long.

'Way to go, Chris.

Ron K

Already? Wow!

Already? Wow!

Hey Chris, you certainly got back to it quickly! Good that it is working out that you can ease back into it gradually. That's how I plan to do it, although my boss says he doesn't want me to come back until I'm at full strength, so he can "abuse me with a clear conscience." (He's kidding, and has been incredibly supportive).

Take it easy....

Latest posts

Back