Attention Runners!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rachel

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to pass on some information about a fun get together coming up this fall.

A group of people who have all kinds of heart related issues and their families are in the habit of meeting up once a year to run and socialize. This year we’re meeting at the Empire State Marathon, Half, and Relay on October 20, 2013

Last year I met up with this GREAT group of people when I ran with them in Baltimore (some of them are on this forum – so you know who you are) – you can’t ask for a nicer bunch of people! As you know by being on this forum - there is nothing like talking to others who have “been there” – it’s even more special to meet up in person!

So….if you’re up for it I really encourage you to check this out and sign up for the marathon, half marathon, or a relay team. I like the relay and will do this again this year. Last year our team was all valvers and we rocked it out!

Let me know if you’re interested and I can put you in touch with the group.

You can find more information about our meet-up here:

http://heartorg.forumotion.com/f13-2013-syracuse-marathon-and-relay-gathering

Hope to see you there!

Rachel

Thanks for the invitation, but I'm scheduled to do an Olympic distance triathlon that day here in FL.
Hope I can join you sometime in the future.
Mark

I'll be there. It's only a 3hr drive for me and I think I can recruit a couple more Albany guys to come along. After I wrote an article for the local road runners club about last year's meeting in Baltimore, I was contacted by a few other cardiac athletes near me.

Hey, that's great Jack! Looking forward to seeing you again!

Sorry to hear that you can't make it Mark - sounds like you've got a great event going on that day though - good luck and have fun!!!!

Rachel

Rachel, thanks for posting this. To anyone who thinks they would like to join us, even if you are not a runner, but want to meet other valvers.......here is a really good opportunity. And hey, we are right in the middle of some of the greatest wine country in America!

Latest posts

Back