Aortic valve replacement

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello Sylvia, in New York,

Juzo is another brand, but they don't make that compression either. I did check out some other stores, online, but could not find what I'm looking for.

Today I went to visit my Mom, and we talked about finding another cardiologist. She wholeheartedly agreed. Today she wore the hose, but this evening she took it off and the leg and ankle started to swell again. Something is not right here and we need to find someone who can address this matter.

I wonder why some people have the swelling and others don't.

Tell your Dad not to be shy about getting onto this site. I want to know everything I can about this edema, and any information is greatly appreciated.

Take care,
Patty

hi patty!
i keep asking my dad to come on or atleast peek in, but i think he's just not that comfortable yet. please feel free to email him. ask him what his cardio said/says about the swelling. he'll reply soon.
all the best, sylvia

Hi Patty. I had pulmonary edema, and I guess I blew up to about three sizes bigger than I am now. I'm sort of inexperienced in the swelling department, but I will say that too many people get lost in the loop. My husband is in the navy, and we are forced to go to certain doctors and certain places. I am fighting with my insurance company because I have sort of formed a sort of patient/cardiologist bond with my cardiologist, and now they are trying to tell me I have to switch??????? No way. We aren't rich, but I will pay for my annual check up out of my own pocket. I never thought I would be having this kind of problem or complaining about the medical stuff at 24, but here I am.

My family is known for strange diseases. We have alph 1 antitrypsin dificiency. That's a chemical that is made in your liver that protects your lungs. My nephew got unlucky and had to have a liver transplant at age 10. My mom got unlucky and has a different form of this and has emphysema. I am only a carrier of the gene.

My sister in law has lymphodema, and I feel so bad for her. I only see her like once every3-4 years. She got it from her vaccinations. ANyways, I wish your mom luck, and I hope you find a cardiologist that you like!

To Sylvia Geren,

Hey Sylvia. Just wanted to know if you are still visiting this site.

Take care,
Patty

Hello Joy,

Gosh, it sure sounds like you are having a bit of trouble with your doctors.

I spent 20 years in Uncle Sam's Army so I know what you mean about "being forced to go to certain doctors." Thank God I have Tri-Care Prime because I go to whatever doctor I like. Forget the military facilities.

My sister has Lymphedema and is taking Venistat. It works wonders for her. In addition, she does wear compression hose.

Regarding my Mom. Last month she had a trans esophageal echocardiogram and it was supposed to start at 2 p.m. Well the doctor showed up almost two hours late. And he forever has an excuse for his tardiness. We are in the process of finding another cardiologist because we need to know about this leg swelling. The change in my Mom's diuretics is not helping, so there must be some other factors that are promoting this problem.

Anyway, take care and keep your chin up.

Patty

Latest posts

Back