aortic root graft

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

adrienne

Hi everyone. I have been reading through the previous mails about grafts but wondered if anyone can answer some more questions?
I went to clinic this week and am now waiting for an MRI scan because my aorta was 4.7cms and if it has gone to 5cms they will refer me for surgery. Does the surgery mean going on the by-pass machine? Do they open the sternum and approach the heart that way. If they have already replaced the aortic valve as in my case will this have to be changed again because of the new size aorta and also has anyone had their pericardium removed because they are talking about doing this because of the recurrent pericarditis that I keep having.
If anyone has any info that would be great.

God bless all. Adrienne.:eek:

Hi Adrienne,
I am sorry to hear of our problems, I do not have any answers for you ,but I would like you to know you are in my thoughts and prayers.

I am sure that others will answer your questions and put your mind at ease

Keep smiling
Jan

Hi Arienne,

I have an aortic valve and graft. It was all done at once, and I believe the graft is attached to the mechanical valve I have.

This is a link to the type of St Judes Valve and graft that I have.

http://www.sjm.com/products/heartvalves/mechanical/aorticvalvedgraft.shtm

I am not 100% sure, but I do believe that it would require open heart surgery, cia the sternum to get to, as for the heart lung by-pass... I have read of alternative ways that are being either used or experiemented with to avoid the heart lung by-pass.

I think some of the folks here that have done more recent research may help you with those questions.

Wishing you good health,

Rob

Latest posts

Back