anyone on warfarin (coumadine) who uses a fitbit or other activity tracker

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pellicle

Professional Dingbat, Guru and Merkintologist
Hi

Regular readers would know that I am interested in developing systems for better outcomes for those of us on warfarin. My latest addition to my analysis is activity. So I bought a garmin vivofit. In the interests of getting more data (analysis is always better with data data data) I would like to reach out to anyone who wants to add their data into this analysis.

OK, nice to know some are here.

Probably best to email me at my hotmail account

Username same as this username :)

Basically I'm trying to see if I can correlate activity to INR and dose. I am looking for extended periods of data with weekly INR and daily dose. I reckon that daily average kcal will be the best indicator.

Anyone interested please email me:)

I am interested in fitness bracelets too; There are a lot out there with a vast price range: I am interested in one that gives heart rate and blood pressure during exercise. Do I need anything else? Numerous brands do this and priced at around 35€ upward. What is the difference?
Thanks
John

I use a Fitbit, but I’m not a very good long term tracker of INR results and pretty private with my personal data. I notice things with activity, but don’t track close enough to identify a correlation.

I use an Apple Watch, but have only been on warfarin for 6 weeks surgery was 01/23/20. Still trying to figure out dosing. Let me know if I can be of any help.

I just got a used Fitbit Charge 2. It seems like a neat little device. It has 24 hour tracking of heart rate (although it only seems to give an average resting rate, unless you press it to give you a current rate, or use one of the faces to display continuous heart rate).

I won't bother correlating my INR with the warfarin dose - I don't think there's any relationship between the two. What may be more revealing is the effect of some of the medications that control heart rate. (My resting rate is around 49 bpm).

As far as privacy goes, I registered under a different name and email address, originally entered 975 pounds and 8 feet tall, and it accepted this information.

It tracks steps, tracks sleep, and is a nice alternative to my watch - which I always wear.

As far as privacy goes, I registered under a different name and email address, originally entered 975 pounds and 8 feet tall, and it accepted this information.

I’d be interested to see how many calories it calculates a day for you. It bases this on your gender, height and weight. Interesting bit of data if you’re a calories in / calories out kind of person. I don’t think anyone at Fitbit will identify you based on height and weight. Just guessing.

I have an Apple Watch, and I can share some info with you as well. Question- since everyone’s metabolic rate is unique to themself, how are you going to make the correlation between activity and INR if there’s always a varying factor between each person? Just a thought.

Sorry I didn't see this earlier pellicle.
My wife and I are on our second set of Vivofits. We have been using them for a few years now, and we are now using Vivosmart HRs.
I will gladly share my information with you.

Back