Anyone hear from Cindy?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxximom

Has anyone heard from Cindy? Cindy and her Dad were supposed to leave Cleveland on Wednes..but because of Tuesday's tragic events were not able to. I emailed to her and have not received an answer as yet. Does anyone know if they have made it back to Atlanta or how and where they may be?

Joan

Hi Joan

Hi Joan

Hi Joan,
We were stuck in Cleveland for several days but did make it home.... Thank you for checking on us. My dad is doing very well. He was SO glad to get home. I was worried about standing in long lines - even if he were in a wheel chair. But the airport was not bad.... In fact pretty empty. We got through the added security in about 30 minutes total.
What have you decided to do? I have thought of you so often and wondered if it was to be Duke or Cleveland. I know you will do just fine wherever you decide to go. Just for your information..... We LOVED Dr. Lytle. He is a wonderful surgeon and a very nice man. He even had a licensed therapeutic masseuse give my dad a massage a few days after surgery. He believes it speeds healing, lowers heart rates, and has other emotional benefits.... My dad loved it!!
Thanks again... We plan to stay on the ground awhile now.....Let us hear from you.
Cindy

Thanks Peter

Thanks Peter

Thanks Peter,
We were keeping up with you, too. My dad would ask me if I had checked this site to see how you were doing. I am SO GLAD both of you are safely through the surgery and into the recuperation phase.... Take good care of yourself..... We will keep you in our prayers! Cindy

Thank goodness your home

Thank goodness your home

Cindy..I'm so glad to hear from you:) :)
I was really getting worried about you and your dad....I guess I'm your typical "Jewish mother" type LOL!! You and Charles must be so glad to be home at last! I'm sure that your family gave you a well deserved welcome home. It sounds like Dad is doing very well..thats great news. Cleveland and Dr Lytle worked out very well for you. I have not been able to connect with Dr Lytle and so unless I do hear from him tomorrow and unless he has anything different to tell me than Dr Glower does and because of this weeks terrible evenyts..I will stay here at Duke. I know that I am in good hands here..I would have liked to have had a chance to speak with Dr. Lytle and had another opinion..but...I am comfotrable with my decision..which has been the hardest I've ever made in my life.I still hjave some questions for Dr. Glower that I would like to have addresed before my pre-op meeting on Thursday. I want to know what he will do as far as the Bypass issue is concerned..I would like to have them use Arteries (Mammary or any others) rather than veins. I know he plans to use the internal mamery (thorasic) for one bypass..but I would like to discuss the other 2 bypasses with him. I would also like to discuss the type of valve with him again..When we met last month he was talking Porcine..I think that I would like to discuss this choice and maybe go for the CE pericardial Bovine...that is one reason I was hoping to hear from Dr Lytle and see what he would propose. I like to get all of these decisions maade ahead of time if possible....I guess I'm a control freak !!
I'm sure glad you're home..please keep in touch
Joan

Dear Cindy
Great news. Everyone is home, on the mend and another successful valve among us!

Hi Cindy-

So glad eveything went so well for your dad. You've had some interesting experiences in the last few days. Glad to hear that you are safe and sound.

Back