anyone familiar with reactions when changing meds??? help!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sylvia,

Hows your Dad doing? Is he still in the hospital? Ive been thinking about him and wonder how hes doing? Are you holoding up okay? I care.

hi all you wonderful supporters!
my dad was discharged from the hospital this morning. his echo, thank God, was fine and so was his thalium stress test. nothing out of the ordinary. they have changed his meds somewhat and hopefully that will improve his condition a bit. they have added lasix to his daily pill regimen.
they did say that his heart was slightly enlarged. could this have stayed this way because of the chronic afib he is in? even after the avr?
his inr is a little too low and he is being given lovenox to help that along and will check with the dr. tomorrow.
(they actually have a nurse coming to his house to give him a shot tonight!!! i remember when joey had to take lovenox before his surgery when he went into afib, our hospital wouldn't do that and i had to give him the shots.... i'm needle phobic!!!!! what a laugh that was!!!!)
in any case, he seems fine. in fact, he wanted to go and hit some golf balls, but they told him to wait until his inr is stable.
thank you all for all your help and hand-holding. you are just the most wonderful group of friends/family i could wish for.
be well, sylvia

Good, Sylvia.....what great news, your dad and Joe!!!! Tell him to hit a few golf balls for us freezing up here in the snow!!! So glad everything worked out for you.

Evelyn

SLYVIA

I AM SORRY THAT I HAVE NOT WRITTEN EARLIER. I JUST NOTICED THE THREAD. I HOPE THAT YOUR DAD'S RECOVERY GOES SMOOTHLY. I WAS SUPRISED TO SEE YOUR THREAD BECAUSE WHEN WE TALKED YOU HAD TOLD ME HOW WONDERFUL HE WAS DOING. I CAN ONLY IMAGINE HOW YOU FELT WHEN THEY CALLED YOU AND TOLD YOU HE WAS NOT DOING WELL.

ANYWAY HERE IS MY CARDIO'S INFO:
DR. STEVEN ENGRASSIA
287 NORHTERN BLVD.
GREAT NECK, NEW YORK
516-487-3800

I AM HAPPY WITH HIM. MOST OF HIS PATIENTS SEEMED TO BE ON THE OLDER SIDE. THEN AGAIN HEART PROBLEMS USUALLY HIT OLDER PATIENTS. I BELEIVE THAT HE HAS RIGHTS AT LIJ AND ST. FRANCIS. GOOD LUCK

RICH

hi all!
just wanted to thank you for all your support and info.
my dad is doing fine and is just trying to get his inr levels up a bit.
evelyn and rich,
thanks for those names. i've already forwarded them to my father.
hopefully he will do something about it and change cardios; when he called to have them send copies of his file to the dr. down in fla, the guy didn't even bother to get on the phone!!!! he was aware that my dad had been in the hospital, etc.!!
i wish i could convince him to look for someone new.
in any case, thank you all for standing by me when i needed it so much. you are all such wonderful and special people.
i just can't find the words to express how much you all and this site mean to me.
be well, sylvia

Sylvia,

I took diovan before I had my valves replaced. I went into CHF while on the diovan, my cardiologist did not think the two things were related but, my pharmacist and my family doctor thought that they were. Once I was off the diovan the chf was not much of a problem any more.
Lettitia

Latest posts

Back