Anybody know Louisville, KY?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marcia58

OK, so my "kids" (married with their own kids) are planning a move to "Luuh-vuhl" and are looking at houses.

Is there anybody here on VR who knows Louisville?
What can you tell me about these neighborhoods?
1. Walter Ave. near Iroquois Park
2. S. 39th near Shawnee Park
3. Kahlert Ave. not too far from Churchill Downs

I don't want them to get "stuck."

Thanks, Marcia

I once had a "Louisville Slugger"................sorry I tried not to

:eek:

Kentucky-Louisville-Slugger.jpg

AND THEN I HAD TO "TAKE A SWING AT IT "

:biggrin2:​

I'm a Louisville native and still live there. The three neighborhoods you've listed are in the southern and western part of Louisville. These areas are primarily made up of lower to middle income working class people. I don't follow property values, but I believe the houses in these areas would be in the $100000 to $150000 range, although there are pockets where home values woud be quite a bit higher. The values in the eastern and southeastern areas of Louisville would be somewhat higher. Louisville has always had very good property values when compared to other areas, especially the northern and northeastern USA. Louisville is a nice place to live.

I grew up in Louisville, and my parents, brother, and many, many relatives and friends still live there. I go back home every 3-4 months. I grew up in the West End of Louisville. When I was a senior in high school, my parents moved to the East End and still live in their home there. I graduated from Waggener High School. I have relatives that live in the West End, South End, etc. It's a wonderful city....it's "home" to me and always will be. If you go on Realtor.com and plug in Louisville, you can see many properties. I'm envious of your kids. Dick, I guess I had forgotten that you are from Louisville. My brother is Bud Schardein, Jr. LINDA

Latest posts

Back