Any tips

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

Curtsmum

I feeling quite low at the moment, ive been decorating and im planing a halloween party but i still can't get my son's surgery out of my head. Still got to wait 8 weeks to find out whats going on. I am really trying to find ideas to help me forget but im finding it hard anybody have any ideas how to pass the time.

Please remember that you cannot have two different thoughts in your head at the same time.

What I've found that works best is to skip over the "icky" time of the surgery, in my head and concentrate on the post surgery phase, when I would be taking care of my husband and watching him slowly recover. I plan meals for him, I plan on what things I can get for him that would help, I cook meals ahead and freeze, to make things easier. I think about the time when his health will be better and he'll be able to do things he hasn't done in a long time.

Concentrate on the good that this surgery will do. It is a lifesaver.

Thanks Nancy, im just finding it hard because Curtis wants everything he see's like all children. Iam doing my best, i always buy him the latest things to come out. sometimes it's a struggle because they dont come cheep, ive just sent off for a hover disc because thats what he's just asked for, my husband moans at me, hes says there's no point in having christmas because he says its christmas all year round. I can't help but think ,if any thing goes wrong when he's in surgery, that i want him to have everything he's asked for. i know i shouldn't but its there in the back of my mind,i dont want to turn him into a bratt but that's how things are going and he knows he can play me and get his own way. Im just a born worrier and wish i knew how to stop. My husband just seem's to be fine, unless he's handling it in his own way, i just dont know.Sometimes i feel bad because he dosn't really have any syptoms, he just looks like a normal everyday child, i dont think we will see much difference after surgery allthow i still know it will save his life in the end. Paula x

Mom stop, take a look at your child. See how he's dealing with it? You need to do the same. He's going to be fine, really. So will you. I know it's not easy. It's easy for no one, but constantly worrying is not going to help the situation either. You'll be in a straight jacket on the looney floor when he's in recovery needing you. ;)

Ross said:
Mom stop, take a look at your child. See how he's dealing with it? You need to do the same. He's going to be fine, really. So will you. I know it's not easy. It's easy for no one, but constantly worrying is not going to help the situation either. You'll be in a straight jacket on the looney floor when he's in recovery needing you. ;)

You don't want to end up looking like Ross does in his avatar, do you? :eek:
You don't want to waste your time worrying, and that's what it is, a waste.
Try to focus on things you can do now as a family, and forget about what's ahead. Worrying won't change a thing, and the time lost can't be gotten back.
After this is all over, you will look back and wonder why you worried so much. :)

I wish I had some great words of wisdom.....

I wish I had some great words of wisdom.....

M894 said:
I feeling quite low at the moment, ive been decorating and im planing a halloween party but i still can't get my son's surgery out of my head. Still got to wait 8 weeks to find out whats going on. I am really trying to find ideas to help me forget but im finding it hard anybody have any ideas how to pass the time.

for you, but I don't. I was an absolute basketcase every single time. I CAN tell you this, though. Time will pass all too quickly and it will be here before you know it. :eek: This wonderful group of folks will help see you through it, though. Many hugs. Janet

Back