Any ideas?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

ASaxon

Hi everyone,

I?ve posted my situation/symptoms before so I?ll just get to my point/question..

About a year ago I started exercising and within a few days as my exercise intensified I started getting these weird quivering sensations in my upper chest or back. They?re really hard to explain but it?s almost like a muscle spasm that can last hours and hours and seem to be coming from the center of my upper back although it?s hard to tell. Usually I only get them when I awaken in the morning and they can last half a day or all day. Sometimes a beta-blocker will cause them to go away but not always.

About four months ago I stopped exercising and within a few weeks the sensations totally went away.

About two weeks ago I started exercising again and about two days ago I started getting the same weird sensations.

I don?t believe they're AFib or AFlut as I?ve been on ECG with these same sensations and the doctor didn?t detect any arrhythmia. Plus, my pulse isn?t really elevated during these episodes.

I?ve heard that reducing blood pressure can temporarily reduce or eliminate mitral valve regurgitation (my last echo showed mild regurgitation.) If this is true then the opposite must also be true, that is that increased blood pressure can increase mitral valve regurgitation. If this is the case could my exercise be causing my mitral valve to regurgitate more and could these strange sensations I?m feeling be the regurgitation? Has anyone ever felt their regurgitation before? I?m at a loss as to what this could be and no medical test has been able to deduce what it could be. No doctor has been able to hear a murmur but I?m a large man (300+ lbs) so I?m not sure how difficult it would be to hear a murmur in my situation. Could my regurgitation be more than what was showed on the echo and during exercise it?s moderate or severe? I?m just curious what your experiences are with this.

Thanks!

Exercise can increase regurgitation and for that very reason sometimes an exercise echocardiogram is done. If you haven't had one done then you might inquire about that next time you see your MD. Whether or not what you are feeling is regurgitation or not I have no idea. It is not out of the question though that it could be related. It must be disappointing to have your exercise "rewarded" in this way. :( .

Back