Any Guinness Drinkers In Here?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ross

I gotta know, is this stuff worth going out and buying or is it pretty much the same as the regular stuff.

guinness.jpg

As a Brit., I used to be but that was the draft stuff.

I admit - Guiness in a bottle/can just doesn't work for me Ross - sorry.

Ross, I think all beer blows, but tell me you didn't down a case and scoot over to Kent State tonight. What is it with Ohioans?

Ross, that is pretty strong stuff! I have tryed alot of different beers
and i don't like it at all!!! Stick to Pauliner and you'll be good!
Debbie :)

I'm only interested in this limited 250 edition.

Lisa, I don't know. Seems these college kids get dumber every year. Maybe college is making them go backwards instead of forward?

I drink Guinness quite often. On tap is best, but at home I prefer the cans over the bottles. The can has a special device that Guinness calls a "smoothifier" that mixes nitrogen with the beer when you open the can in such a way as to reproduce the tap handle character of being on tap. I do notice the difference between the can and the bottle....it does seem to be smoother. Not sure about the 250 anniversary stout. From what I've read, it's supposed to be a slightly different recipe but who knows how much difference it will make. I haven't seen a price. Is it more expensive?

Apparently, the 250 Anniversary Guinness is " ... a maltier, fizzier version of its older, creamier beer that also has 5% alcohol compared to the 4.2% in Guinness Draught.
... "

Apparently, the 250 Anniversary Guinness is " ... a maltier, fizzier version of its older, creamier beer that also has 5% alcohol compared to the 4.2% in Guinness Draught.
... "

That's what I was reading. Some guys I know that are heavy duty drinkers say that to truly appreciate it, you must have it off the tap. The bottled just doesn't taste the same.

Back