Any company other than QAS?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike

Is there any company other than QAS from which one can purchase supplies for a Roche Coaguchek Meter?

Tapestry phone # 1-877-262-4669 Ask for Mr. Knorr if you have questions.
I've ordered strips twice and got good service. 12 strips @ $65 delivered.
Controls are extra. My coaguchek has done well since 1998 but I just purchased a Hemosense INR meter from QAS for $995. 12 strips $80. I tested it today first time. Worked like a charm. QAS # is 1-800-563-5680 Talk to Brian Woodward for details. Good luck!

Marty said:
My coaguchek has done well since 1998 but I just purchased a Hemosense INR meter from QAS for $995. 12 strips $80. I tested it today first time. Worked like a charm. QAS # is 1-800-563-5680 Talk to Brian Woodward for details. Good luck!
$995 ?? Typo? After weeks of dickering with the insurance, for $995 I can afford to bypass the insurance altogether.

jeffp said:
$995 ?? Typo? After weeks of dickering with the insurance, for $995 I can afford to bypass the insurance altogether.

No typo. Like all digital based hardware, price comes down with increased sales volume. That's why I shared the price so you can make a better deal if you can. I think they know they will make their real money off the test strips after you own their machine. I was going to go for Medicare but it wasn't worth the paper work and constant reporting. Now I intend to test every week and alternate my old classic Coaguchek with the new INR Meter. Should be interesting.Talk to Brian at QAS and let me know how you do.He had one deal where the price for the meter was like $500 but you had to buy $ 800 worth of test strips! I told him I wouldn't live long enough to make out on that one!

Jeff,

If there is any chance of getting your insurance company to approve it, you are better off to wait. It took me a couple of months to get everything approved & shipped but I ended up paying 20% of the allowed amount. Anthem allowed $1500 for the unit and I paid $300. I also pay 20% of the test strips and they allow $120 per box of 12. I pay $24. So it is a lot cheaper than buying outright even if you get a good deal for cash. Of course, assuming you can wait.

Word to the wise on insurance. Make sure your cardio indicates the need for weekly testing (if he balks, remind him that, if you have to change dosage, you would test weekly), difficult access to labs (with me, I travel a lot so that makes it difficult - just tell him you have plans to travel a lot) and, of course, long-term coumadin therapy - which is a no brainer for all us mechanicals out here.

Good luck.

Over the past week I talked to some companies that are going to be managing warfarin like a clinic does but over the internet. I'll be learning more later.

Latest posts

Back