Aneurysm Size and Scaring Tissue

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKAFrench

Hello to all! I have been reading a lot of posts about aneurysms and the sizes that everyone (cardios and surgeons) say an operation is needed. My current situation leads me to my questions.

I am setting up my fourth OHS (April 29th), mainly because of the size of the aortic aneurysm. With this being the fourth surgery, I have had the aortic valve replaced multiple times and scar tissue has obviously built up around the area.

I have an aortic aneurysm that measures 6.3. This is an alarming size by all means, but in talks with my cardio, we have discussed the scar tissue around the aneurysm acting like a reinforcement wrap. Does anyone have any information that would back that up?

We are obviously moving forward with the surgery, but I would like to see if there is any information about this theory. A 6.3 Aneurysm is definitely a cause for surgery, but my surgeon recently did a replacement on a aneurysm measuring closer to 10 with no rupture. I am obviously worried about a rupture, and pray that it doesn't happen before my surgery, but I feel like this theory has to hold some water.
i
I have had no symptoms like everyone describes of an aneurysm/stenosis, and lead a very active and at times strenuous lifestyle. Has my body adjusted to this change? Is my age a major factor?

Maybe I have just adjusted to the feeling of being tired and think this is how everyone feels...I don't know...anyway, just wanted to see what everyone thinks and how people feel about this theory.

Latest posts

Back