Aneurysm Size and Scar Tissue

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, the aneurysm has not increased in size according to the echo! This is good news, but I am still highly anticipating this surgery. Just to get it out of the way, and give me some peace of mind when it comes to this aneurysm. I definitely feel better knowing that it isn't constantly increasing in size, and getting me closer to a dissection. I am still getting those mixed feelings though...I don't really want to have surgery, but I want this to be over!! These mind battles will be here till they put me under for surgery, so I will just have to take a deep breath and keep moving forward!

Thank you for your responses, they help to placate my crazy mind. I will keep everyone updated as the date gets closer. Thanks again!!!

I am going through this same roller coaster of feelings right now as well. My AVR is scheduled for March 29th so the anticipation and anxiety are both building. I get stressed about everything and then have a few good days thinking "ok, I'm at peace with this situation" then get stressed all over again. I'm sure anyone who has gone through this has felt the same way, especially the "I just want this to be over". Well, it will be over soon enough with the best possible outcome I'm sure.

Hang in there and just worry about the things that you can control, the rest will work itself out.

Bushman-Good luck on your surgery!! I wish you an incredible outcome and a speedy recovery! You will be exactly a month ahead of me. I am trying to keep my "eye on the prize" and push forward, I'm wishing mine was the same date as yours!!

AKAFrench;n863834 said:
Bushman-Good luck on your surgery!! I wish you an incredible outcome and a speedy recovery! You will be exactly a month ahead of me. I am trying to keep my "eye on the prize" and push forward, I'm wishing mine was the same date as yours!!

AKAFrench, thanks for the well wishes. I think your "keep the eyes on the prize" philosophy is a good one, focus only on the surgery and leave the trivial things for after the surgery.

Latest posts

Back