An observation

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wweir

An observation

Today I visited, in the hospital, the father of a fellow who works for me. The father (Stan), a vet by occupation, came by my office a week ago and we talked about the experience he was about to undergo. He was quite nervous and concerned. I of course advised him to check out valve replacement .com as that is what I did and they have a wealth of knowledge and people who are willing to share great advice. We then discussed the surgery, the recovery, and expectations.

Stan was planning a trip to NYC over the holidays and then have the operation in early January. What happened however was he went to have his heart catherization on Monday of this week and they said we are operating Tuesday. His operation was a success as they were able to repair his valve versus a replacing it. I went to visit him today on the way to work. When I went in his room he was sitting in his chair and was looking pretty good. We both agreed the worst was over.

My observation I wanted to share with you is that my finding this web site enabled me to learn a lot of things that saved me lots of pain and anguish. For example I knew about the ?Foley? and told the doctors to put that in after I was knocked out. Stan did not know he could ask for that and as a result they put it in prior to being knocked out with little to no pain killers. He said it was the worst thing he ever experienced. The second issue was the removal of the two chest tubes. Again I knew, thanks to you all, that this could be painful and that I should hit the pain button before they took it out. Stan, again, did not know this and experienced unnecessary pain. Other than that he is doing fine. Knowledge is a wonderful thing and this site really gives you the knowledge you need.

Lastly, when I went into Stan?s room and saw him I was really hit, for some reason, with emotion. Seeing the tubes and all the gear really hit me for some reason. It was like deja-vous. I am not normally an emotional person by nature, too much military, Vietnam vet, etc?, but seeing Stan, who I hardly know in that setting was something I just can?t explain.

Thanks again for all your knowledge and your great willingness to share.

I hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable holiday and keep up the good work.

Walter

Walter - what a wonderful testimony to what this site is for. I think Hank could take this one letter, put it on the home page and it would tell it all - You ought to put it in the guest book as an entry. Thanks for sharing. Ann

hi walter!
i agree with ann, you said that so beautifully and from the heart.
it really touched me.
thank you so much for sharing such sensitivity with us all. it was so greatly appreciated.
stay well, sylvia

Walter, I can sure understand that feeling you get when you see someone in that shape. I do that too! I think it hits home when we see them and deep inside, we remember. Our hearts go out to the people that we see. I hope this makes sense. I'm so tired and can't sleep that it wouldn't surprise me if it's all jumbled.

Latest posts

Back