Alternatives to Morphine

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm really going to have to get used to the idea of being on painkillers, as I've never taken them really for anything. I almost broke my ankle years ago and they gave me some crazy stuff but I didn't take it even then (and that morning when I went to the doc, when I got out of bed, I stood on the ground and passed out right there). I think a guy cracked my sternum once in a sparring match with a sidekick and I just propped my arms up with pillows on each side for four or five nights when I slept (now _that_ hurt pretty darned bad for a few days), but no painkillers there.

I imagine though that this surgery is going to hurt, and I suppose if I did have a reaction it was due to withdrawal from whatever it was, then it is going to be pretty tough when they cut them off from me. I think since I've kept myself _so_ clean, my body doesn't know what to do when it is given a painkiller, except for tylenol. Anyone here ever get nosebleeds from painkillers? The time I almost broke my ankle I did try one of the pills but got a nosebleed that day and just said to heck with it.

Latest posts

Back