Alternative To Open Heart Surgery

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hehehe, hate to disappoint you, but there are already 3 or 4 threads on the clip already. :biggrin2:

Again, many threads already about Transcatheter Replacement also. It's experimental and used only when someone cannot have full blown OHS.

Once upon a time, valves couldn't be repaired or replaced by any means.

Here is an interesting quote: "The mitral clip procedure is good for patients who have a weak heart and may not make it through traditional surgery. The procedure is being investigated in clinical trials in 38 hospitals across the country."

Thanks for sharing, Rebecca :)

Again, many threads already about Transcatheter Replacement also. It's experimental and used only when someone cannot have full blown OHS.
But, as a repeat performance, anyone with a bioprosthesis may well qualify to have this replacement once the risks of surgery and symptoms balance. So, someone in my situation could rest easier thinking that an early tissue valve implant via conventional OHS has a fair chance of getting a repaired aortic valve as they age without major open chest, nevermind open heart surgery. Remember, quality of life to quantity of life is becoming more of an equal ratio as advancements in technique and technology continue to make heart patients live healthy, happy and long lives. That's the step up I focused on in the articles I've been reading. It's a Canadian solution, now becoming widely available across the country, even Alberta. :)

Take heart,
Pam

Latest posts

Back