Alp D'Huez or bust.

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David W

So about a year ago I had the news there was something wrong with my ticker? More specifically I needed a new valve and a very large aneurysm looking at. As I'm sure many can relate to its kind of an isolating place when the bomb is dropped. There were far too many cognitions of the pessimistic type coming and going and I feared the worst in so many areas. So to prove to everyone who might be in here having arrived at the same place I was 12 months ago, it's not as bad as you think. To prove it I am currently lounging on a sofa in a house near the French Alps after having cycled extensively in the area and more specifically cycling up the monster that is Alp D'Huez. For the cyclists out there you will know its reputation. So my message is don't worry you'll be back tripping the light fantastic soon with a better enthusiasm for life and your health in the same way I have and many others. To infinity and beyond.......

Attachments

• photo9065.jpg
    photo9065.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 101
  • photo9066.jpg
    photo9066.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
Great to hear, there are a lot out here who need the positive reinforcement. Makes me feel lazy, I did some cycling yesterday, just a handful of miles in my area, but today I spent happy hour with the boys knocking a few back and are a slice of pizza.

cldlhd;n868196 said:
Great to hear, there are a lot out here who need the positive reinforcement. Makes me feel lazy, I did some cycling yesterday, just a handful of miles in my area, but today I spent happy hour with the boys knocking a few back and are a slice of pizza.

Hey mate. But your on your bike!!!! That's a start and having a couple of sherbets (beers) with the lads and having some banter with them......does it get any better?

Best regards..

Rode up Alpe d'Huez back in 2004 while I was in France to watch Armstrong "win" his 6th TDF. I wasn't diagnosed with my aortic aneurysm and aortic valve regurgitation until 2011 so I sometimes wonder...

Anyway, well done and here's to many more climbs (and descents) -

So my message is don't worry you'll be back tripping the light fantastic soon with a better enthusiasm for life and your health in the same way I have and many others. To infinity and beyond.......
Good for you and what a great message. I couldn't agree more.

David W;n868188 said:
So about a year ago I had the news there was something wrong with my ticker? More specifically I needed a new valve and a very large aneurysm looking at. As I'm sure many can relate to its kind of an isolating place when the bomb is dropped. There were far too many cognitions of the pessimistic type coming and going and I feared the worst in so many areas. So to prove to everyone who might be in here having arrived at the same place I was 12 months ago, it's not as bad as you think. To prove it I am currently lounging on a sofa in a house near the French Alps after having cycled extensively in the area and more specifically cycling up the monster that is Alp D'Huez. For the cyclists out there you will know its reputation. So my message is don't worry you'll be back tripping the light fantastic soon with a better enthusiasm for life and your health in the same way I have and many others. To infinity and beyond.......

Alpe d'Huez! Freakin outstanding!:Face-Laugh:

Latest posts

Back