Almost 6 months Post op AVR

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

khuram89

Hello everybody,

I am from Pakistan My AVR was on 19th June 2015. valve is mechanical. I am taking once daily concor 2.5mg and warfin 1/2 tab on 1st and 2nd day then skip on third day

i had hemorrhoids before surgery. but after avr it got worst, very very worst, too much bleeding Now from the last one month bleeding is no more, pain and burning decreased to 50% but still i am in pain and burning so i can't do anything because of this problem. After passing stool I can't do anything for 2-3 hours. i have no constipation. stools are soft.

Doctor suggested me hemorrhoidectomy. But i heard that its not as much successful so not interested in it. I also feel pain on the right side of my stomach near belly button after passing the stool. I think my stomach is upset so thats why hemorrhoids is not getting better. Do you think its stomach which is causing problem so hemorrhoids is not getting better. can't take any antibiotic as it worsen my hemorrhoids.

while on anticoagulant, plz suggest any medicine to keep my stomach healthy . one more question can i try homeopathic medicine for hemorrhoids. what are risks??

Thanks in advance.
Khuram

Hi

khuram89;n860925 said:
Hello everybody,
...i had hemorrhoids before surgery. but after avr it got worst, very very worst, too much bleeding Now from the last one month bleeding is no more, pain and burning decreased to 50% but still i am in pain and burning so i can't do anything because of this problem. After passing stool I can't do anything for 2-3 hours. i have no constipation. stools are soft.

I can only say that "I feel your pain" ... my view is that as we age we become less tolerant of extra spicy foods. We may still love them as much, but our bowels don't. Since Capsaicin is essentially addictive via the triggering of an endorphin cascade it makes us want it even though it is slightly harmful.

If you are having hemorrhoids then your bowels are already sensitive, so it may be good practice to avoid spicy foods and stick to more simple plain cooking.

... just a thought

@honeybunny. Dear thanks. used many creams and ointments but all in vain. now i am using polyfax with zinc oxide 8.5%. it gives me little relief but as i said it stopped at a point and not getting bettter anymore.

@
pellicle thanks you for your kind reply. i am not taking any spicy foods anymore. at night i take 2-tbs of psylliuim husk to relief constipation.

I don't know enough to comment on your symptoms, but I understand that probiotics are very helpful for digestion and a healthy stomach.

khuram89;n860950 said:
@[/B]pellicle thanks you for your kind reply. i am not taking any spicy foods anymore. at night i take 2-tbs of psylliuim husk to relief constipation.
I don't know how tightly you monitor your INR, but since you have this predisposition to hemorrhoids (with a touch of bleeding) you probably should be on top of your INR and keep it towards the lower side of your range. What was your valve?

With respect to medicine, I'm a strong believer that the body is the best to heal itself and that medicines should be things to steer you in that direction with the ultimate aim of getting you back to allowing your body to moderate yourself. So I always advocate lower levels of processed foods, vegetables, breads and meats. I personally avoid any of those husk types of things because there is in my mind a relationship between them and bowel irritations for those with diverticulitis ... Rye for instance is considered a culprit in Scandinavia (where I often live) for exacerbating bowel issues. Research seems unclear and contradictory so the jury is out IMO.

None the less I also find that exersize and stress levels play a significant role in my gut health. Also, where you live water quality may be an issue, so make sure you keep to clean and filtered waters.

Best Wishes

I haven't been 'regular' at all since my surgery. And my sphincter seems a bit loose now, it lets a bit of fluid leak out. And the 'architecture' feels different down there somehow... so maybe I am getting 'roids too.

Back