Allodwick

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, Jim.

I have put all of the web pages together into an approximately 126 page, comb-bound book.

Between now and the October meeting, I am giving $5.00 to valvereplacement.com for each copy sold.

Thank you both so very much. I had forgotten about
that site. It is a very good site. I was asking because my daughter in law that has cancer has blood clots and they have her on 10 mg. of coumadin and still cannot get her blood thin enough. She is home now but spent so much time in the hospital that it is hard to understand that they wouldn't know what she was eating or whatever to make her do this. I am looking and refreshing myself on all of this information to pass on to her and my son. Also her parents have asked for information as they are with her most of the time.
I do know that hospitals sometimes are not monitoring this coumadin and intake of interacting foods or drugs like we expect. They really don't know as much as I do sometimes.
Thanks for any help.
Missy

Please have your d-i-l's family contact me.

[email protected]

Cancer patients are very hard to manage on warfarin. Tumors cause lots of clots. Some of the chemo interacts with warfarin - not just on the day that it is given but it has long onsets and offsets. So it is not just what they eat and take but what they did the week before etc. Most doctors are not trained to think like this but those of us who manage anticoagulation full time see it quite frequently.

Thank you, Allodwick. That is so nice of you. I will tell them. They are so new to the coumadin and it is hard. I had told them some and forwarded sites and information but that is not near as good as this. I wasn't expecting this. I would like to stay in touch with you also. If I may.
Missy

Please do. I learned what I am doing by taking care of people who are on warfarin and now I am trying to give some of it back by helping other people taking warfarin.

Latest posts

Back