Allergies after repair

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lauratx22

Is it me or allergies kick your butt way more after you have a heart surgery than before? I had my repair Jan 30 and now when I work out when allergies are up, it feels like I'm working out with a flu! Also, my pulse goes sky high on the workouts that shouldn't elevate it as much.

Just wondering!

Laura

Yes Laura I too now have a better understanding of what my wife complained of for 35 years of marital bliss. I heard all about the stuffiness and itchy sore eyes and now post surgery you would think we could save on allergy meds by the sheer volume we use . Sorry gotta go get a tissue !!!!!

Hahaha I know, can we catch a break sometimes! If it's not wondering when open heart surgery is or if your ring is failing it's dying from allergies!

I've had seasonal allergies prior to surgery, and they are still about the same now after surgery. A Claritan a day keeps the sneezing away!

I was worried during recovery about my allergies, being stuck in the house with my two cats that I'm allergic to. Fortunately my allergies were well-behaved during recovery, especially since sneezing and coughing while your sternum heals is very very painful. In the year and a half since surgery, I have developed some new allergies or sensitivities. I've asked other post-OHS patients and they have had similar experiences. I now have sensitivity to adhesives. Oh, all the fun things that come up post-op that we don't anticipate.

Latest posts

Back