Alicia Update Wednesday

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

Lisa45

Hi Everyone,

Talked to Anthony this morning, Alicia is in a room! Yea! They took some of the other tubes out this morning and gave her more pain medicine. She is definately not up to company or talking yet..(wouldn't even talk to me! how rude...hahah!)
I will be talking to her in the next day or two and find out if it is alriight to give out her phone number. I sent her flowers this morning with a balloon and I am getting a card from everyone that I will send out tomorrow. Here is the address of the hospital if you should wish to send your own card. I am siging all the names for those of you that asked me to. Duke University Hospital Erwin Road Attn: Alicia Streeter Room 3118, Durham N.C. 27710

Anthony said she is in a lot of pain to be expected and they are keeping up with ther pain med's, but it still drives me nuts to think of her lying there in pain. Please keep her in your prayers and pray they keep the Demerol or Morphine coming until she can start to bear it. Thinking only the best. The doctors are saying that she is doing great and the heart sounds awesome!

Love
Lisa

Thanks again Lisa.

Could you add me to the card? By the time I get one and get it in the mail to her, she'll be home.

Things sound normal and I pray they continue that way. I don't have anything good to say about Morphine though. Demerol or torodol works nicely.

Lisa!
Thanks for keeping us all updated about Alicia. Would you please add my name to the card. Ross is right. By the time I would get one and send it to her, she would probably already be home. I'll keep her in my prayers.

Take Care!
Gail

Alicias Card

Alicias Card

I will add everyone's name to the card that asked me too. You have my word

Lisa Herschelman

Hi Lisa, Could you add me too? I am sorry she is in so much pain, I thought that the oxycodone worked great for me! I also had fentynal and all sorts of fun narcs for my pain. I hope she feels better soon!

YAHOO!! FOR Alicia

YAHOO!! FOR Alicia

Thanks Lisa for the updates on Alicia- I have not had to have a valve replacement yet- but we thought it might occur back in September 2002. I had written Alicia, and she had responded. She is a dear heart- and she and I have been corresponding ever since.

When you talk to her give her my love, and let her know I will be waiting to hear from her once she is home. My prayers are with her as is my love.

Rosie

Lisa

Lisa

She might not know who I am, but you can add me to that card.

I had a lot of pain too, back pain, and of course you must stay on your back. My family couldn't tolerate seeing me in pain either, they were always running up to the nurses desk to get them moving, it does get better, I promise!

Terry40

Lisa,
She probably wouldn't know me either but add my name if that's Ok.
Sounds like she is doing very well.

So many of us. . .

So many of us. . .

Lisa, I am so new here that I have not had a chance to "meet" Alycia, but my prayers are with her. All of us who are just learning of our individual realities look to the "veterans" of the process for advice and role models. We, too, pray for them as we believe they will pray for us when our own times come.

Thank you for allowing us to add our greetings and prayers.

Latest posts

Back