Alicia Update Thursday Evening

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

Lisa45

Hi Everyone,

Thanks so much for your good wishes on my health as well. Yesterday was rough and scary. Just need to make sure I don't get sick again. I go back to the hospital today and again on the 16th and hopefully that will be it.

On Alicia, Anthony called last night, and she was in a lot, a lot of pain. She wasn't doing well last night but she was doing well enough to tell Anthony to call me. This is normal for the procedure as many of you that have been through similar know. The surgery was Monday so she was out of it, Tues. still out of it, Wed. starting to come out of all Anesth. and pain meds and then yesterday the first time her body and mind were awake and aware of what happened so it is normal the doctors said for her to be in the amount of pain she was in. They are giving her the optimal pain med's she can get and the valve and heart are looking great. Saturday will be the best chance for the doctors to decide when next week she can go home. They orginally said 5 days but I knew that sounded quick to me. She has not been up or out of bed yet. No infections but a problem getting her blood pressure up, which I think is partially due to the amount of Coumadin she is getting. So, keep her in your prayers and I will post later this afternoon when I get home from the hospital.

As Always
Lisa

Thanks again Lisa.

Her BP will come up in time. It's not the Coumadin but lack of walking and anesthesia. Once they get her up and walking, it should take off and elevate as she works the drugs out of her system. Keep in touch. :)

Hi LIsa!
I completely agree with Ross about the bp. I had the exact same problem with mine after surgery. I was in the ICU an extra day for them to watch and try to bring it up. Once I started walking and getting around, it started to go up. Send Alicia my best. These first few days after surgery are the toughest. The pain will slowly get better.

Take Care!
Gail

Back