Alicia Surgery

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

Lisa45

Just a update note. I talked to Anthony just a few minutes ago and Alicia just got out of surgery. She went into surgery at 1:00 N.C. time at Duke. and just got out about 30 minutes ago. They did not do a repair they did the complete replacement. Anthony has not even gotten to see her yet as she just got put into recovery. I will talk with him first thing in the morning and update everyone again. The nurse said she did fine. I didn't know the surgery would go this long but if there were anything wrong I am sure Anthony would have told me. Please keep her and her family in prayer as the next couple of days are going to be very rough for her. She was especially dreading the respirator. Email me if you have any questions. Thanks for your prayers.

Alicias friend and yours
Lisa Herschelman

Thank you for posting lisa. Glad to hear that she made it through ok. I sent you an email, did you get it? Sending alicia good wishes for a speedy recovery. martha

Lisa ps..... forgot to post this. I had a aortic replaced and my surgery was six or seven hours long. It all depends, there are some in this group that where done quicker then this. Yes, you are right the first couple of days are the hardest. Although, every day it gets better and better. martha

Thanks Lisa!
I have been thinking about Alicia all day today. I'm glad the surgery is all over for her. You are right, the next few days will be tough. I send her all my thoughts and prayers for an uneventful recovery. I hope she is able to go home in 5 to 7 days. Please give her my best. Thanks again for keeping us posted.

Lisa: How have you been doing lately? You have been going through an awful lot lately. Hope things are going better.

Take Care!
Gail

Thanks, Lisa.....I too have been thinking of Alicia.....please continue to keep us posted when you know.
So glad to know she made it through, ok.

Ev

Latest posts

Back