Al would've been proud

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

perkicar

Tuesday I worked in our outpatient clinic (folks who come in for outpatient chemo, labs, etc vs the inpatient unit where I normally work.). I had a patient who was taking coumadin (5 mg a day) since she had a history of DVT. Her INR was 3.6--when I called the doctor's nurse to tell them, they wanted her to skip a dose of coumadin and come back today (thursday) to get her INR rechecked. The person at the doctors said that her INR had been wildly fluctuating and I though "if they're dosing and rechecking like that no wonder". I did tell her Thursday was really too soon to see the outcome of skipping tuesday's dose, but hey, what do I know!!!!
thanks Al for all your education and helping those of us who take coumadin how to better understand our dosing.

If we all continue to educate those around us, the coumadin world will not be a scary place to visit any longer.

Well done, Carolyn.

I also was wondering if Al had died and I somehow missed the post!

I wish we could teach the class in medical school because unfortunately, they keep miseducating all the doctors! I tend to ignore what they tell me and do what I want and it works much better. It's really not a big deal when you understand it. Thanks Al for better educating all of us.

Lisa, I appreciate that. I just spent my Saturday in 7 hours of class learning more about warfarin and related drugs.

allodwick said:
I just spent my Saturday in 7 hours of class learning more about warfarin and related drugs.

Making your value to us even bigger!

Latest posts

Back